Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Snow performance Water/Meth

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 08:05 PM
cangim
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow performance Water/Meth

Okay, I am seriously looking into getting water/meth. I have read a few articles on Snows Boost cooler setup and so far pretty impressed. I am kind of thinking of making my own, but not sure on the nozzle and pump to pick, so I may just get a kit. Also for those running it, do you have it turn on with boost reference? or manually hold a switch like nitrous or something different. I am leaning towards boost reference so I can arm and forget and not worry about it running when at idle. Just fishing for ideas and wondering what everyone thinks.

Old 07-21-2006, 09:43 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
to be completely honest, if you are only trying to lower your EGT's, i believe cooler air via a new intercooler is a much better and much more safer way to lower your temps. if not done right or without the right amount of water, you can seriously damage your motor. most of the people can vouch for this with me too.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage III meth

Hey strokin,
I currently have the stage III, and am going to install it soon. I think however, I'm only going to be running straight water. My engine with the stage II injectors gets smokin hot at the end of forth gear. I don't believe I'll be able to run any alchy with the water at all. I'll give it a try. But also I'm going to have to get a bigger intercooler. . . any suggestions anybody?
Tim

Old 07-22-2006, 03:59 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
bigger intercooler, i would go with Spearco for $1300, or a Hypermax Tapercore (ULTIMATE ) for around $1700. you have to pay for cool air. if i were you, i would run windshield washer fluid instead of water, as the fluid has about 8-20% meth in it.