Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

Tornados

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Tornados

Did you happen to here about the tornados near Brandon yesterday? We had just driven through a hail storm on our way to Brandon and then as I was turning into town, I saw a funnel cloud the north. We stopped and watched it for a while and then saw 2 more. We got to see one of them touch down just north of brandon. The wife and kids had never seen a twister before. I wanted to go chase it, but with the family in the truck and a tight schedule, it just didn't happen. Nuts! Maybe next time.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,167 Posts
I wouldn`t like to see a tornado too close up. Nine years ago we had a plow one nite with heavy rain, lightning and wind that blew over round grain bins. It also broke tree tops and knocked down a neigbhour`s garage that was on dollies. I was driving home in the Louisville and the lightning was coming so often I hardly needed headlites.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I been in two. Took pictures of the first one. Never got to see the funnel but saw the clouds swirling in two different directions right above me. Then the rain and hail came so hard ran for cover in a building.
The second one was same place. Was out on the lake where a fishing derby was going on. Everyone headed for shore except me and my sister. The fish were just going crazy then before the storm hit. You could actually see the tornado clouds forming. We cut it close. Got to shore just as it hit. We ran through the trees and the trees were snapping above our heads. Got to shelter and waited for the rain to stop. Took our catch to be weighed and my sister got 2nd for Jack. The derby tent was blown into the lake. The beer stayed behind just the tent went airborne. The tornado touched down across the lake. It was going to touch down, but when the tornado hit the shoreline, the cool water caused the funnel to lift and come down across the lake.
Still very interesting to see.
Many a time out at my place looks like something may happen. The first year heer when I was still in atrailer we had plow winds that started to rip my trailer roof.

Old 07-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
I have never really seen one up close touch down or so i think but i probably seen a funnel cloud but i sure dont like them at all just too freaky and destructive..

Old 07-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Fullcrew7.3
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've always been facinated by storms. Especially severe ones. Not too much fun when you start to lose property, but we can't control it anyway. The wife doesn't neccesarily feel the same about severe weather.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:08 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I havent seen one up close at all. Sounds like fun what you did 66, that would have been a rush! Also you said the fish were going crazy just before the storm hit, Ive went fishing before rain storms alot before and its insane how much they bite just before a storm.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:36 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
The wife is bugging me today about the car tent I erected. She says she can't wait to see it go flying in the first real storm we get. Man she sure does not trust my construction abilty's. So far evrything I have built has not fallen apart, so I must be doing something right.
So bring on the forst storm, just no Tornados or plow winds please.!!!

Old 07-04-2006, 06:46 PM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I say leave all the storms somewhere else for now I dont mind this nice weather lately!