Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

A Few New Pics

Old 06-26-2006, 08:33 PM
wadematthews53
Freshman User
wadematthews53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up A Few New Pics

Check Gallery PICS

Got some time this week-end to get my grill painted and put back in.. Should have some new lights in by thursday if they come in.

I had some extra time and took some paint cleaner/polish and buffed the original paint on the doors and around the front of the windows and was amazed at the out come... I know it won't last long but it looks pretty good for now...

Got prices on fixing a few dents in the hood and spraying and was very happy with the prices most around $2000.00 I thought was very fair what do you'll think?

Old 06-26-2006, 10:06 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputation
Wade, I don't know where you live, rural, city, etc. but $2000 sounds like a lot of money for straightening and painting a hood. I am not an expert but I think you should shop around.

abe

Old 06-26-2006, 10:53 PM
kcb37
Senior User
kcb37 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think I would agree with abe $2000 seams like a lot of money. I think I could get at least the exterior of mine painted for that. Unless you mean the whole truck, or $200. If not you need to look around some more. Or better yet if you have a garage invest in a compressor and a paint gun. Remeber the cost of a compressor can also be justified by the number of tools you can use with it. And I bet you could get a comp, gun, fix the dents and paint your truck for less that $2000, unless you want some fancy paint.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
sancochojoe
Senior User
sancochojoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think they are charging you that price simply because they are painting a vintage truck, and only the hood???.
Thats a cost for a high quality paint job for a complete car in some parts of the country including knocking out dents and bondo.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 AM
wadematthews53
Freshman User
wadematthews53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry, $2000.00 was for fixing dents and spraying the whole truck not just the hood...

That would have been one heck of a paint job!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.