Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Bloomsburg Truck show & 1st official GTG

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:06 AM
79modified
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we are getting ready to leave for cape may NJ and we will be leaving down there for home on sat morning. I dont think I will be back by noon but I will try but I will find you guys. Joe also has my number see you on sat.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 AM
LilDuke
Elder User
Hey guys, I really appreciate all the concern. Never realised how close knit this would be. As far as I am doing. I have the first floor gutted. I am now lettting everything air out. I am also going to re-wire the whole first floor before I re-drywall. It needed to be done anyways. Those materials are on order but they can't deliver until after tuesday. Just as well, I need some down time anyways. Even though I had so much water, I am much more fortunate than a lot of other people around here. Most of my stuff was upstairs(preparing for flood) and what I lost isn't that big of a deal. Most other people got taken by surprise because of the magnitude and sudden flooding that happened. I'm used to moving things when a flood is predcted but not most.

I heard on the radio that the truck show has been rescueduled for august. We can try to have our fist official get together then.

Thanks,

Dave

Old 07-06-2006, 07:56 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
might be a good idea for the first g2t.....

Old 07-06-2006, 08:46 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Good to see you posting Dave. A few guys are willing to come over and help you with the repairs if you want. I know your busy but maybe you can come over to Turners High View Campground Saturday, some of the guys said they are stopping by for the impromptu show, the band Saturday night and maybe a few libations.

79, I'm going down the Villas for a week the 16th of July maybe if your down that way then we can hook up.

88, are you stopping by Saturday night?

Any other members that read this post let us know if you are going to stop by. Gotta know how much beer to bring.

Old 07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
garbz2
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
News announced it was the weekend of the 18th 19th 20th

All Truck Nationals 4th 5th 6th

Slick Stock in York 9th 10th 11th

And the Jamboree the week after....Man will August be a busy month. Hopefully i can get up to Bloomsburg for a visit.

Garbz

Old 07-07-2006, 07:09 AM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
hey joe,

I could possibly be there....at this point it looks better than it did last week but it does't look real good.....i'm putting in 13 hrs today and hopefully i can get the job done that way i don't have to work all day tomorrow.....we'll see what happens....

Old 07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
soondg
Postmaster
Looking forward to meeting anyone who shows up, don't let a silly little thing like your job get in the way.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
soondg - As I stated in the NY thread, I can't make it down this weekend due to family events (the job I can get away from, family is whole different story!! ). Hopefully others from the NY Chapter will be there. Enjoy everyone and have a great time!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 12:54 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
didn't make it....my dad and i were in a motorcycle accident yesterday....he's in the Hospital in Intensive care.....not a good day....i thought i was going to die....

Old 07-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gui88ford
didn't make it....my dad and i were in a motorcycle accident yesterday....he's in the Hospital in Intensive care.....not a good day....i thought i was going to die....
Wow!! Sorry to hear that. I hope you and your dad have a full recovery with no ill effects. Best of luck to you and your family. Keep us posted as to how things are going.

Darren

Old 07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

well, sorry i couldn't make it for those that met up there. i got pretty busy saturday. anywho. i will definately be at carlisle august 5 and 6 for the truck show. i registered my truck for the competition showfield and have to get on the dyno to get new numbers after all my upgrades since last year

gui88ford... hope you and your dad are recovering well.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Looking forward to meeting some of you guys at Carlisle, gui88ford(Chris) keep us posted on your dads progress, will shoot up a few prayers for him.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
gui88ford
Posting Guru
just got back from the hospital....it's hard to even watch him lay there....keep seeing the accident happen again and again....he gets his surgery tomorrow to screw his pelvis back together and also gets plates in to put his buttox back together also.....thats broken too....they said 6 months recovery.....long road ahead....on morphine pump and all and he's still in pain....

Old 07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
Chris...hope you and your Dad will heal up quick...I heard both of you were wearing helmets, and to me, that's why you're talking to us still (although I don't know the particulars, helmets just make sense IMO). If you need any help with anything, please let us know!

Gotta say it was a lot of fun meeting those from FTE and a couple others from another site on Sat. Joe (soondg) is a great guy, and deserves the title "President Joe" for the PA chapter. We also met lilduke (Dave), another great guy, who has his hands full with getting the house together after the floods. And 79modified (Ben) was cool too, brought a friend and later Ben's wife and darlin daughter (a cutey 4-yr(?) old) showed up for a bit. We met up at a campsite and just had a blast shootin the breeze, looking at some great trucks, and doing our part to endanger the local beer supply.

I'm not sure I can make an August trip (cuz of work), but I'll try my best. Anyhow, it was real great meeting you folks! -Don

Old 07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Pretty decent time Saturday.Don(donsfx4) and I stopped by Lildukes to see how he was getting on. Great progress made on the cleanup, his Dad ( guess we can call him Bigduke) mom, and new bride(got married friday night, congratulations) where busy, busy, busy. Sorry we kept sidtracking Lil with those beers. Met up with some people from FTW( also FTE members) 79 Bronco(Paul) his wife F150wman(Renee) and some of their friends at Turners High View Campground, Paul& Renee had the spot and offered the invite for us to come up. 79modified(Ben) his wife(sorry i forgot her name, that's not good)their lovely daughter Olivia, Donsfx4(Don), my wife Christine and I spent time getting to know each other. It was a nice time and plenty of brew flowed (after the children went home of course). Ben brought along his beater and a buddy of his with a nice Jeep( no show,all go), wish there had been some mud puddles nearby. Maybe next time. Looking forward to another GTG, hopefully we can really get a great turnout.

Quick Reply: Bloomsburg Truck show & 1st official GTG