Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Nissan Reportedly Plans Beefed-Up Pickup (F250)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree I hope Toyota comes on board with a larger pick-up. I believe the reason NISSAN-TOYOTA haven't come into this market before now is they COULDN'T. Thanks to NAFTA, and such. the doors were finally opened. I real believe the goberment & the unions wouldn't allow these companies to enter these markets because it was the only place the American Companies wouldn't have outside competition. With the NWO & Global economy the gloves are now off.
As for Nissan they are having alot of trouble with their AUTOMATIC TRANNYS. So much so many have been returned under "THE LEMON LAW" I'm in agreement when TOYOTA come on board FORD, GM, & DODGE will have to scramble to catch up. TOYOTA will soon be the largest of all automakers world wide.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:07 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MW95F250
The 4000 series and under use the Yanmar proprietary engine, but the transmission, hydraulics, and electrical is all American JD. The 5000 series and up run JD Power Tech engines, all in house made. They've been that way since 1979. Only reason they did it was because it suited their platform and their cost range. As far as Kubota engines go, I had a Cub Cadet 882D with one and it was a nightmare to fix when an injector went bad and even more so when the IP had to be primed/bled.
Ok, the JD 410 TBL I also used blew a front trans seal.......My neighbors Green JD 30HP isn't half the tractor my 37HP Kubota is. In fact, he blew something in his front end where 4WD won't engage....Therefore all JD's are junk.

Do you not see/understand the irony when knocking Japanese/foreign products and then the companies you support source many parts from those same countries?????

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 09-17-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:23 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MW95F250
The John Deere 777 eats that Kub's lunch in quality and day after day performance.....

For the markets in agricultural and landscape tractors, mowers, and pretty much anything related to those areas, John Deere has a death grip on them.

When you consider all the makes of equipment out there, whether it be JD, Cub Cadet, Lesco, Exmark, Encore, Kioti, Kubota, Branson, Simplicity, Hustler, or any of the other domestic or foreign entries into the comercial landscape business whether it be in ZTR's or Compact tractors, John Deere pretty much takes the prize in resale value, cost of operation, ease of use/maintenance, and overall life expectancy.

So the All American 777 has a Kawasaki engine (Japanese) and a Kanzaki hydrostatic pump (also Japanese) and it's domestic how???

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCa...r=0231TC&tM=GC

Be willing to bet the Yanmar motors run Japanese trans and pumps also.

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 09-17-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:34 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DOHCmarauder

So the All American 777 has a Kawasaki engine (Japanese) and a Kanzaki hydrostatic pump (also Japanese) and it's domestic how???
I prefer Kohler to Kawasushi but I used the 777 as an example, as John Deere is an American company that makes the 727, 737, 757, and 777 less than an hour from here in Fuquay-Varina, NC.

I do not like Hondas and Kawasakis because they require special tools to work on them, especially around the carburetors and governors.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
NightBiker
Junior User
Dunno about John Deers, but the "all american motorcycle" Harley Davidson uses chinese wireing harnesses, and some engine parts from Japan.
So what?

Old 09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
[QUOTE=DOHCmarauder]Ok, the JD 410 TBL I also used blew a front trans seal.......My neighbors Green JD 30HP isn't half the tractor my 37HP Kubota is. In fact, he blew something in his front end where 4WD won't engage....Therefore all JD's are junk. QUOTE]

My brother badmouthed my JDs and bought a Kubota. He thought it was great until he had to buy parts. A relay that would have cost $10-15 on most tractors was $115 for the Kubota and was constructed so that another could not be substituted (and it took a while to get it). He now has 2 JD lawn and garden tractors, a JD track loader and a 60 HP JD farm tractor. Of my JD's, first 2 had Kohler, then one had an Onan and my last 2 were water cooled Kawasaki. All are still in use by relatives or myself, even the 72 model.

One large reason that the commercial lawn care businesses are dominated by John Deere is parts availability. Most parts are available overnight and time is money.

Last edited by osbornk; 09-18-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Ford4-life
Senior User
Isent the massy ferguson made in jacksonville florida? Idk, I like this tractor discussion lol, my question is y did ford stop making tractors cuase i havent seen one that looks new, idk. And Ford owns volvo so all the volvo bull dozers and tractors and what not are those considered a ford product if ford owns volvo?

Old 09-18-2006, 03:29 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Ford4-life
Isent the massy ferguson made in jacksonville florida? Idk, I like this tractor discussion lol, my question is y did ford stop making tractors cuase i havent seen one that looks new, idk. And Ford owns volvo so all the volvo bull dozers and tractors and what not are those considered a ford product if ford owns volvo?

Ford does not own those divisions of Volvo.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Ford4-life
Senior User
k, who does then, volvo? But Ford owns volvo or is there some other company that owns part of volvo too?

Old 09-18-2006, 04:22 PM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
[QUOTE=osbornk]
Ok, the JD 410 TBL I also used blew a front trans seal.......My neighbors Green JD 30HP isn't half the tractor my 37HP Kubota is. In fact, he blew something in his front end where 4WD won't engage....Therefore all JD's are junk. QUOTE]

My brother badmouthed my JDs and bought a Kubota. He thought it was great until he had to buy parts. A relay that would have cost $10-15 on most tractors was $115 for the Kubota and was constructed so that another could not be substituted (and it took a while to get it). He now has 2 JD lawn and garden tractors, a JD track loader and a 60 HP JD farm tractor. Of my JD's, first 2 had Kohler, then one had an Onan and my last 2 were water cooled Kawasaki. All are still in use by relatives or myself, even the 72 model.

One large reason that the commercial lawn care businesses are dominated by John Deere is parts availability. Most parts are available overnight and time is money.

Look, It's ignorant to argue who's best when talkin' trucks...just as dumb talkin' tractors. Most of the ..is subjective he said she said crap.

The point is (as it always is with xenophobes) that touting a brand.....whether it be a truck, motorcycle, tractor....whatever... as being all American when anything on that product is sourced from Asia (especially motors/pumps etc or the entire assembly is produced out of the countyr) is laughable at best.

The next come back will be the ever so senseless...."but the profits stay here"...............wonderful, Ford can use those profits to build more Mexican factories or John Deere can use the profits to buy more Yanmar or Kawasaki motors.

Oh yeah, almost forgot; Ford>Chevy>Nissan.

Kubota>Yanmar>John Deere.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:41 PM
NightBiker
Junior User
calling someone a 'xenophobe' because they wish to protect the interests of their own country is pretty silly, don't you think?
Arguing about tractors on a ford truck site is just as silly.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:50 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
Originally Posted by NightBiker
calling someone a 'xenophobe' because they wish to protect the interests of their own country is pretty silly, don't you think?
Arguing about tractors on a ford truck site is just as silly.

Sigh............if you don't get it now, you never will.

A quick synopsis;

Some xenophobes think that by buying anything non-Ford is somehow un-American, yet these same people can't see that Ford not only buys foreign parts for their own cars and trucks but they assemble them in foreign lands displacing the very workers that the 'phobes are trying to protect.

To not buy a domestic built Nissan because its foreign but to buy a Mexican built Ford Fusion (or my Mexican built Super Duty) is beyond hypocrtical.

Yes, arguing tractors is silly. However, the fact that someone would tout John Deere as being somehow superior because it's American yet JD uses Asian motors and trans/pumps is a tad more silly(sillier)....xenophobia at its finest.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:33 AM
NightBiker
Junior User
Sigh............if you don't get it now, you never will.

A quick synopsis;

Some xenophobes think that by buying anything non-Ford is somehow un-American, yet these same people can't see that Ford not only buys foreign parts for their own cars and trucks but they assemble them in foreign lands displacing the very workers that the 'phobes are trying to protect.

To not buy a domestic built Nissan because its foreign but to buy a Mexican built Ford Fusion (or my Mexican built Super Duty) is beyond hypocrtical.

Yes, arguing tractors is silly. However, the fact that someone would tout John Deere as being somehow superior because it's American yet JD uses Asian motors and trans/pumps is a tad more silly(sillier)....xenophobia at its finest.
Perhaps I'm not the one 'not getting it' -I mean I DO know what PHOBIA is -and if in fact those who are simply against buying something foreign-made are against it because they are AFRAID of foreign products or perhaps a foreign intrusion, then yes, you would be correct -but the comment (in this case 'xenophobe') is usually used in a derogatory manner -though more often than not, incorrectly.
Sure, the person may well not have a good grasp of how things work in the 'real world' of today, but that does not make them afraid of foreign made products anymore than someone who doesn't like gays or their lifestyle is truly a homophobe.
Sorry, but I do get a bit tired of seeing the 'phobe' bit tossed around so casually. It really cheapens the meaning -when there are folks who really DO have real honest-to-god phobias.
It also tends to do nothing toward furthering a good (or even silly) discussion.
-Otherwise I think its pretty obvious that I have expressed the same sentiments that being domestic-made doesn't automatically mean 'better'. And in the case of the Deere vs (Kubota or whatever) -just because it may well cost a lot more to fix the foreign-made tractor (or whatever) doesn't make it inferior -especially if the product is less likely to need the repair to begin with.

-well whaddayaknow, maybe I DO "get it" after all!

Old 09-19-2006, 09:37 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Whether its tractors or trucks, if you use them for your living, the most important thing you need is lack of downtime. When your equipment is down, you're out of business until it is back running. This is especially important when you're out in the sticks where there is limited parts availability and service facilities. I can quickly get parts for a John Deere, Ford or Chevrolet and it is easy to find someone to work on them but I have difficulty getting parts and finding someone to work on most other brands ( doesn't matter if they are better if they have to sit for several days or weeks getting repaired).

Old 09-19-2006, 10:40 AM
DOHCmarauder
Postmaster
XENOPHOBE. xen·o·phobe: n. 1. A person unduly fearful, suspicious or contemptuous of that which is foreign, especially of strangers or foreign peoples.

"I cringe every time the old lady comes home from WalMart with a sack full of Chinese crap. I'm sure a bunch of liberals with less American pride than me will flame this thread and I apologize if I offended anyone, but I think foreign dependance is one of our greatest problems in this country."

IMO When, or better "if," foreign company's produce something that is better than a competitive American made product I "might" consider buying from a foreign company, but imo they don't so they can keep it or sell it to some of the many shmucks in this country. Every chinese or japanese thing I've ever been forced to buy is cheap, but more importantly junk, not even close to quality!

I dont get y some ppl take pride in there imports, what happens if we were ever to go to war with one of these countries. Every import sold could be another missle on the luanch pad or gun in enemys hand atleast I know when I buy domestic the chances of that money going else were beside are country is very slim to that of a import company.

Call it what you choose, I'll stick with xenophobe.

I "think" you're saying these people are more opinionated as opposed to an actual sickness that "phobe/phobia" intimates.........and I see your point, but using the defination above, I don't 100% agree.

BTW, I honestly do not consider it a derogatory remark......the same as I wouldn't consider arachnaphobe deragotory........or the non-scientific germaphobe (which I consider myself one, kinda ironic since I'm a medic)

Last edited by DOHCmarauder; 09-19-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Nissan Reportedly Plans Beefed-Up Pickup (F250)