Sponsored by: DP Tuner

I joined the Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 10:45 AM
nodakford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I joined the Club

I got a 2000 CC 4x4 and it finally happened. My first CPS gone bad and SES light. I had to goto to my parents for a family emergeny, and wouldn't you guess it, 5 1/2 hrs away late at night, truck surges and the SES light comes on. From reading the posts here I was pretty sure I knew what was happening. I pressed on and the ruck ran good the rest of the way. Next morning, started the truck and no SES light. Had the brother-n-law who works at the local garage check to see if there were any pending codes. Sure enough Camshaft out of sync came up along with 2 EBPV codes. So he went in looked it up and and told me yep we have a camshaft sensor $187 dollars. I told him I will pass on it. Told him I could get it cheaper. He called Ford right there and they quoted $190 for it. I repeated I could get it cheaper. I called Navistar asked the parts dept for a quote. First thing he asks is it for a Powerstroke. Nope told him 2000 Navistar truck with a TP-444E okay hold on he says. Comes back and with a quote of $106 and thay had it in stock. I turned around told the brother-n-law "See I told you I could get it cheaper". If I had the time I could of got it cheaper on E-bay. Truck runs great now, drove home with the A/C and a slight headwind and still managed 18.5 mpg. Thanks to FTE I saved over $80 on the sensor. So now I can say I joined the club of having the CPS fail and the SES light.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:01 AM
cangim
Postmaster
Glad you were able to save money and be back on the road again.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:27 AM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by nodakford
I got a 2000 CC 4x4 and it finally happened. My first CPS gone bad and SES light. I had to goto to my parents for a family emergeny, and wouldn't you guess it, 5 1/2 hrs away late at night, truck surges and the SES light comes on. From reading the posts here I was pretty sure I knew what was happening. I pressed on and the ruck ran good the rest of the way. Next morning, started the truck and no SES light. Had the brother-n-law who works at the local garage check to see if there were any pending codes. Sure enough Camshaft out of sync came up along with 2 EBPV codes. So he went in looked it up and and told me yep we have a camshaft sensor $187 dollars. I told him I will pass on it. Told him I could get it cheaper. He called Ford right there and they quoted $190 for it. I repeated I could get it cheaper. I called Navistar asked the parts dept for a quote. First thing he asks is it for a Powerstroke. Nope told him 2000 Navistar truck with a TP-444E okay hold on he says. Comes back and with a quote of $106 and thay had it in stock. I turned around told the brother-n-law "See I told you I could get it cheaper". If I had the time I could of got it cheaper on E-bay. Truck runs great now, drove home with the A/C and a slight headwind and still managed 18.5 mpg. Thanks to FTE I saved over $80 on the sensor. So now I can say I joined the club of having the CPS fail and the SES light.

...Glad to hear that reading the forums here really saved you some bucks!

You should return the favor and use a few of those bucks you saved to become a supporter.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:15 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Way to keep what you've read in mind so that you could diagnose it right there on the road. Scanner came in handy, too.

You should get a spare from Ebay right now so that next time you've got one already!

Old 06-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Chance_Thomas
More Turbo
I just bought a cps from ebay for $61 plus shipping.