anyone here forged?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 09:46 PM
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone here forged?

i was just wondering how popular it is to get new crank/pistons/rods for the f150 v6?

well im actually interested in what is done w/ the stock crank/pistions/rods i would liket o stroke my 3.8 to a 4.2 and gain the 20 more hp and more tq

Old 06-11-2006, 09:51 AM
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

doesnt seem like this part of the site gets a lot of traffic huh? you are boring

Old 06-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It seems strange to me that with the fuel crunch there don't seem to be one heck of a lot more hotrodders toying with V6 engines. I would think that now especially there ought to be a gigantic aftermarket option and performance movement, with headers, intakes, and all sorts of things going on.

We can't keep running V8's forever, it's time to think in terms of the next generation - and I don't see us all turning to four cylinder power just yet.

That having been said, I've heard that billet cranks are even stronger and more reliable than forged ones what with new machining technology.

Therefore, forged is a step up from cast, and billet would be a step up from forged...

PS: If its just you and I at first, that's fine. Good things start slowly. Hopefully more tinkerers and engine heads will chime in over time.
I'd like to see what a real engine builder can do to one of these.

Last edited by Greywolf; 06-12-2006 at 03:52 PM.