2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Window Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
scottt89
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Window Rattle

Hello, This is my first post, so far I have found this site very helpful.

This question may have been asked before, but I'll give it a shot.

I have a 2004 Crew Cab Lariat, I am the original owner, truck only has 9k on it. A few months after buying the truck I hear a rattle in the rear window (Power Slide) whenever I close the door or go over a bump in the road. I took it to the local Stealership, they looked through the books and found a small recall for a similar issue. I believe it just called for a Grommet. I had the fix done, but it never really fixed the issue, its not as bad when you go over bumps, but you can still hear it time to time and when you close a door.

Just wanted to see if this has been ran into by anyone! Thanks for any responses!

Old 06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
drifter397
Freshman User
I had the same problem. I have the 04 lariat crew, but no power slider. I could hear the rattle over bumps, and when I closed the door. Try hitting the headliner behind the rear light. I was able to reproduce the noise by doing that. The dealer said the headliner was not properly installed. They had to send the truck to a local auto interior shop to get it fixed. It is amazing how quiet it is without that noise! By the way, I have a sunroof. Don't know if it has anything to do with it. Let me know if you need the exact terminology from my repair order. My dealership likes to act stupid if you do not speak Ford.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 PM
jhchavez
New User
What You Need To Do Is Tell The Dealer That You Are Unhappy With The Fix That They Did And You Want Another One Installed I Work For A Auto Glass Co

Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
I have a 2004 SC with this issue. Started out only doing it when cold, more of and itching/ squeaking noise. Took to dealer, they installed the "grommets" per the tsb on the issue. Took truck and heard noise on the way home from dealer. Made another appointment. This time it was the "headliner". So they "fixed" it. Noise is now back but comes and goes. I am now on a first name basis with the service manager. He says that as of yet Ford has no fix, but knows of the issue and is working on it. Every time I go in i ask if anything new has been put out, but to no avail. I asked on my survey that Ford please contact me and left my cell number, but no call yet.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:12 AM
d.b.cooper
New User
Have you got the noise fixed. I have the same annoying noise when my truck is cold. I have a 2005 F150 Supercab 4x4. Any information would be helpful.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 AM
jdwheels
Senior User
I spray some silicone around the outside window, where it meets the cab. Temp fix for me, since I am out of warrenty.

Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
is300wrx
Posting Guru
i have a manual slide and it "squeaks" when it gets cold out. I brought it over to the stealership and they lubed it up last year. It has been a year and the noise just came back last night. I wonder what type of LUBE they used since I do not feel like brining it back to the stealership and I think I am capable of putting lube into the channels.