couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
laivindil
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple questions

My Explorer needs some TLC.
1. There are some light scratches along the sides from shrub branches (long story) that I'd like to get out. Polish would be the way to go I assume, but what brand and what's the best method to go about it? Would any 'ol wax from Wal-Mart work or are there some favorites with ya'll here?
2. What would be the best wax to use in WA state? I'd like to wax the truck now and again in sept. before the rain starts in with a similar schedual next year - unless someone has a better suggestion.
3. There's a chip in the paint on the hood no bigger then a half-dollar. I'd like to make it dissapear. Any ideas here would be a big help since I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by laivindil; 06-08-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:27 PM
66 twin i
Senior User
For your first two questions check out this website www.wizardsproducts.com I use there products all the time and there great. As for the chip you could touch it up with some touch up depends on how you want it to look. If you want it gone i would have the hood repainted. As a painter i have seen some things that people have tried to fix but it only made things worse and they ended up having it painted anyway. Good luck.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:58 AM
laivindil
Freshman User
bump for more advice