Notices

Dash Painting / dying ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:06 AM
cujo8
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash Painting / dying ?

I bought a blue dash pad off eBay to replace my badly cracked saddle colored dash pad. I have never done this type of job before and I was wondering if anyone had a procedure and could recommend a good brand of paint/dye to use for this. I believe the dash color is called saddle, but I am not 100% positive, can someone verify this is correct. I own a 1977 Brown F150 truck and the dash pad is tan colored. BTW is there a specific name for the brown exterior paint on my truck? Thanks.

Jim

Old 06-19-2006, 06:51 AM
cujo8
Posting Guru
I sure someone has done this before?

Old 06-24-2006, 06:37 PM
trumpboy77
Senior User
I went down to the auto paint store in my area and basicly asked the same question. they hooked me up with some vinal spray paint made just for doing what you want and the stuff worked wonders on the apperance of my interior for a cheap price. i don't remember what brand it was, but people at a auto paint store can tell you what works best.

PS. i changed the color on my dash so I didn't have to worry about matching (and the origanal brown was not what I wanted). i think though that places will still mix colors for you even in a spray can. oh and I know that rattle cans have a bad rap but at least for a dash it worked great for me.