2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F150 blues

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:51 AM
48fordjeffie
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New F150 blues

Hey Guys,
I keep reading all these issues you guys are having with the new F150's. Mine is ten years old and still running strong. I'm not sure I want to go and and spend 20-30k on something that is going to have a problems. Am I wrong? I love my truck, I have a couple old effies. I'm usually in the 48-60 forum.
Any comments...??
Jeff

Old 06-05-2006, 12:15 PM
ford9c
Senior User
Unhappy

If you like what you have, keep it. Even if you wind up getting a current generation f150, you will probably need to drive the old truck when your fighting with the ford dealer to try to make them fix warranty problems on the new one. Ford doesn't stand behind its products anymore. And with their current money issues, I don't see them spending more money then they absolutely have to any time soon. I have had my 04 for 16 months now and its been a LONG 16 months. It will be paid off shortly and after that its getting traded in. If ford and its stealers had shown any ability to correctly diagnoise and fix ANY of the various issues and problems I have had with my 04, maybe I'd feel differently. As it stands, with the truck still having vibration, brake, and noisey engine problems there is just no way I'm going spend more of my hard earned money at a ford stealer. Seeing the current market share numbers, I'm not the only consumer that feels that way.

Last edited by ford9c; 06-05-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Tony351
Junior User
Well, if you listen to one bitter person, you had better not get a Ford of any kind. I've had mine since December 2004 and am very happy. Also there are many other members who love their trucks and haven't had any problems. I have a friend who has a Tundra and has had the worst luck with it. Does one truck represent all Tundras?

Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
I'm not sure I want to go and and spend 20-30k on something that is going to have a problems. Am I wrong?

Yes- problems are so few and far between it's not even worth mentioning. Keep in mind Ford kicks something like a million of these out the door each year. If 1/2 of one % had issues, that would translate into 50,000 units with problems, and 950,000 running around trouble-free.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:11 PM
ford9c
Senior User
Exclamation

Let me just say from experience, using Polarbear's numbers, you don't want to have one of the 50,000 units with problems.

Last edited by ford9c; 06-05-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
wedge88
Senior User
Not that these stats are accurate but 1/2 % of 1,000,000 units is only 5000. While still a large number, I think any manufacturer has its complainers. I have an 03' 150 and it runs and looks great. I would not hesitate to buy another truck from Ford. The thing keeping me from trading in is the price of the new 150s. I think Ford (and many manufacturers) have priced themselves out for the average guy. I paid $29,500 3 years ago which was unreal for a pickup truck and now that probably wouldn't get me 4x4.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:32 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Good point wedge! Ford9c's truck seems to have more than it's share pf problems (actually, an unbelievable amount, to read his posts). But that isn't indicative of what a new owner should expect either. My '05 Lariat didn't generate a single warranty claim- the opposite side of the extremes.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:36 PM
ford9c
Senior User
Smile

Gee, I didn't think I even had the most troublesome truck on this forum! Let alone out there on the highways and byways. I kind of feel better now that finally a Ford professional has admitted that I shouldn't be having all these problems.

Last edited by ford9c; 06-05-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:06 PM
exiled
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
48fordjeffie, i've had troubles with my 05 fx4 but the dealer fixed it. most of my problems have been the windows{switches and motors}. as far as the truck goes it is sound and strong. my vibration ended up being a tire issue which ford fixed at no charge. my sparkplugs where showing signs of rusting but again ford replaced them. i think it comes down to 1 of 2 things. either these guys has a bad dealership which i think can be fixed or they have no people skills and we all know that if you come at some body mad and the wrong way your not going to get anything done. i dont know about their areas but around here there is tons of ford dealers. i can list 12 in a hour drive from my house. if one dealer cant do the work go to another one. i'm proud of my ford and i'll suggest it to anybody.
as far as stocks go i think everybody is going down. the only stocks going up is gas..........

Old 06-05-2006, 04:52 PM
johntucker09
Elder User
you just have to remember, this site doesn't necessarily give you a fair and balanced story about the New F150...lots of people flock to this site in search of problems that they have with their trucks, if you don't have any problems, are you gonna look for answers...

only thing i suggest is test-driving the truck in different conditions...drive it on the highway...drive it in traffic or at slow speeds...try turning and accelerating at the same time...

I have an '05 and the only real problem I have had with it is a Bad EGR Valve, but my genious service guy (I have since started using a different service rep), told me to run a higher octane gas because he thought it was spark knock...

Old 06-05-2006, 05:18 PM
BlueOvalTrucker
Freshman User
I have to say dont be too quick to make a snap judgement, my dad has an 04 4x4 crew cab with the 5.4 with all the goodies on it. he has had it almost a year now and he loves that truck hes 62 and hes driven ford trucks all his life. Hes told me more than twice that it the best truck ford has ever made, and he is very particuler about what he drives. Ive driven and riden in this truck quite a few times and I am almost sick now because I went and bought an 02 150 right before he bought his and I cant believe the difference in the two trucks, the 04 is so much more truck for the money. Still kicking myself

Old 06-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Flash
Posting Guru
Well ford9c isn't the only one having issues with Ford and the lack of customer service. My 04 is a piece of junk and it doesn't have a scratch on it. Brakes, no A/C when it gets hot, distorted windshield, stumble, an occasional when you push the gas to the floor only nothing happens, rotors bad, self staining interior, doors that self lock even with the key at a different address, brake dust on the wheels, factory alarm that goes off and off and off and off- you get the picture, parking brake that won't release- you pull it up with your foot, console lid that keeps coming off, rear window leaks water, rear door leaks water, and the ever popular clunk in the driveline. All of this is normal per several Ford dealers. Now I know some are going to say I have a rare truck and that's not the norm for these trucks. Might want to search these boards for the time when these trucks came out. There was a bunch of us with these exact same issues and Ford chose to ignore us and the issues. It does make it hard to buy another Ford. I have a 91 Bronco that Ford replaced the transmission in 6 times under warranty. They also replaced the entire brake system from the booster to the shoes including the brake lines. Yeah, I had issues with it but Ford did the right thing and fixed it. That's hard to argue about but the new F-150 has been a bad, bad joke that Ford expects the general public to foot the bill on their incompetence. If you have one that is giving you no problems- God bless ya. If you have one like mine- God help ya because Ford sure won't.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:58 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an 06 F-150 XLT.

Sure I had a couple of problems. Vibration issue, fixed, dealer changed the tires. High pitched whistle, fixed, dealer replaced passenger wiper/arm.

As for brake dust, OEM pads do that, or you can change your pads. Or do what I do, wash your truck every couple of weeks.

My dealer has been nothing but helpful.

The service advisors do not use the phrase "they all do that." Of course it could be because I saw the owner one day (met him when we bought the truck) and mentioned this to him.

I have called the service department with question and have always received an answer with in 24 hours.

My 94 F-150 Flareside had more problems, initially, then my 06. My 94 had 2 set of rotors and pads installed, under warranty, A/C stop blowing cold, fixed under warranty, rear trans seal leak, fixed under warranty.

If I let my experience with my Flareside shade my views on Ford, I would not be driving an 06.

I have never owned a vehicle that did not need a warranty fix. Even something as simple as a loose ****.

Alot depends on your attitude and the dealers attitude. I say buy an F-150. You won't regret it...

Old 06-05-2006, 06:00 PM
hllon4whls
Elder User
Originally Posted by wedge88
Not that these stats are accurate but 1/2 % of 1,000,000 units is only 5000. While still a large number, I think any manufacturer has its complainers. I have an 03' 150 and it runs and looks great. I would not hesitate to buy another truck from Ford. The thing keeping me from trading in is the price of the new 150s. I think Ford (and many manufacturers) have priced themselves out for the average guy. I paid $29,500 3 years ago which was unreal for a pickup truck and now that probably wouldn't get me 4x4.
Yes, it will. 29997 + ttl 4x4 crew XLT 6.5 foot box chrome package 18's. 5.4 FFV. Sat radio, power seat/window skidplates 35.7 gallon tank. 06 purchased May 01 06. I tried to PM, but this was the best I could do.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 AM
wedge88
Senior User
Originally Posted by hllon4whls
Yes, it will. 29997 + ttl 4x4 crew XLT 6.5 foot box chrome package 18's. 5.4 FFV. Sat radio, power seat/window skidplates 35.7 gallon tank. 06 purchased May 01 06. I tried to PM, but this was the best I could do.
Where are you located? What kind of incentives was Ford Offering. I am in St. Louis and the best I have been able to do is about $35K. That setup that you have is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the info. I may go try and do some haggling this weekend..