1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convince Me to come over

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:31 PM
m350
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On Jan 6, 06' I traded in my 04, F-350 V-10 6-speed,DRW, (was a great truck) and drove away with my New F-350, XLT, 6.0 PSD, SC, S-bed, Tow command system is sweet !! I have a few spots were I drive that I have compared the acceleration between both trucks,,now the V-10 had 4:30's the 06' PSD has 3:73,,,the PSD is alittle faster,,and all stock, same tools in the back and so on.

The 6.0 has been excellent, just turned 7,100 miles today,,getting between 15 and 16 mpg with mixed driving,,the other day I had it up to 95 mph,,and she was still pulling,,dont know when it was going to de-fuel (govenor)but was time to let off if ya know what I mean !!

One thing I really like about this PSD,,is cruising with the windows down,,about 40 mph,,or 1,400 RPM,,the turbo sounds so F-en cool, and this is with all stock exhaust, cant wait to straight pipe it, but will leave the Cat on. I never even looked a GM's dont like how they look, plus I dont like IFS. I have this new truck set up to push a 9' Fisher plow, and it handles it great, had same plow on the 04, V-10.

I did take a look a Dodge, never drove it,,just could'nt stray from the BLUE oval and the SuperDuty.

Now the truck I wanted had to have manual hubs and transfer case shifter, and Ford has either ESOF or manual hubs,,I like being able to go into 2-wd low range for backing up trailers when needed,,OK thays enough,,later,,,,,Mark

Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,519 Likes on 2,163 Posts
Originally Posted by moldman7n
Been screwed by GM Too many times.
Same reason I switched, I got tired of the regional manager and IFS.
Originally Posted by 99f350sd
I like the size of the ford cab and the height of the truck most all the other stuff is a plus..
Exactly, at 6'3" I can finally stretch my legs and not smash my head into the cab roof.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Willy D
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, there is one downside to owning a Ford. Me and the wife were out yesterday driving the new one around and I said "God I love this truck!". She then said "I think you love this truck more than you love me." That moment of hesitation (while I was reflecting on the question ) cost me any chance of action last nite.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:48 AM
BFR250SD
Postmaster
Don't feel bad brother........We've ALL been in that situation.

Bwahahaha!

Old 06-04-2006, 06:51 AM
captchas
all you have to do is count the number of ford pickups out working and that tells you what brand stands up the best over the long run.
for me i tried dodge 1 time time really 2 . as they had to buy back the first one and replace it .that was just as bad as the first one .back to ford for me. as to power i have had both motors the psd and v10, just for me at my older and retired age.i like the v10 for its noise level inside the cab. power wise it is the psd 's, gas powered sister, both can and do the same amount of work.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Willy D
Junior User
BFR, some how I knew I wasn't alone!

Old 06-04-2006, 07:54 AM
charles jones
Elder User
You said you have always been a Chevy guy so just stay a Chevy guy. I have always been Ford and I will stay that way. I won't try and cram it down your throat that Ford is better because in a real Chevy guy's mind it isnt and never will be. We like ours best and you like yours best and everyones Happy.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:16 AM
deacjrt
Elder User
I thought for months before I ordered my Ford. One of the biggest decision makers for me was the stance, in my opinion Ford has the best stance of the Big 3. The mirrors, the bold design, everything was perfect on the exterior cosmetically and the way I want a truck to look, LIKE A TRUCK. As for the interior, I am a simple man, and Ford has an easy on eyes design on the interior. Everything made sense to me to reach and use. Height-I wanted a tall truck, one where without a lift, I would be higher than other trucks. When I ordered mine in 2004, it was the taller than the GM and Dodge, don't know about the '06 models. This biggest reason is what everyone else has mentioned, it drove nice, very solid.

As for the engine. I studied both hard and think I would of been happy with either. When it came to order I went with the PSD simply for mileage. People will start wars over this debate, but my choice wasn't necessarily because the PSD gets better mileage, it was an outcome of that. In my Chevy 5.7l V-8 Silverado I could go about 300 miles between fillups. With the PSD I can go 450-550 depending on how hard I press the go pedal. That is a lot of miles between fuel stops.

There's a lot of thoughts thrown your way, take what you want.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,519 Likes on 2,163 Posts
Originally Posted by charles jones
You said you have always been a Chevy guy so just stay a Chevy guy. I have always been Ford and I will stay that way. I won't try and cram it down your throat that Ford is better because in a real Chevy guy's mind it isnt and never will be. We like ours best and you like yours best and everyones Happy.
I was always a GM guy and switched. At work we had a 77 Ford high rider(good truck) and then he bought a 1980 1 Ton (what a piece of junk) so when Ford finally went back to the solid front axle I came over...you can't stay brand loyal forever. If Dodge ever steps up with a truck.....who knows...

Old 06-04-2006, 09:12 AM
BFR250SD
Postmaster
I'm with Max4x4 here. I'm not real brand loyal; I buy the best thing I can afford at the time. Be it a truck, atv, lawn mower, whatever.

If looks are your thing......fine.

If solid axles are your thing....again, fine.

Go with what fits you. Drive them all, then decide. A truck (especially these full size monsters) is a big investment. Get what fits you.

If you are sold on name brands, loyalties, whatever; that is your business. I buy what suits me at the time.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 AM
moldman7n
Senior User
Originally Posted by charles jones
Nobody "owes" any manufacturer anything. Ford has EARNED my loyalty by making trucks that work and look good. If they were to start making inferior products, I would switch. It's that simple.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:25 AM
F250Wheels
Elder User
[QUOTE=maverickseb]OK, I've been a die hard Chevy fan for years. I've only owned Chevy Trucks. Right now I own a 2003 Chevy 2500HD bought brand spank me new. About a year after I bought it I really started noticing the Ford F250. Since then I can't get them out of my mind. I really like the Lariat. I want you Ford guys to convince me why I should choose a new Ford F250 over a GM 2500HD. Either the 6.8 V10 vs the GM Big Block 8.1 V8/Allison combo, or the 6.0 Ford PSD vs. 6.6 GM D-Max/Allison combo. Also why you think Ford's style is better than the GM. I want it all; Looks, Engines, Automatic Tran., interior, ect.....

TELL US WHY YOU THINK YOUR GOOD ENOUGH FOR A FORD.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:37 AM
crazyrwe
Elder User
Man oh man,I honestly can't even Imagine owning a Bowtie ,or Dog pickup.We'll you know they say there's a sucker born every minute.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:56 AM
jonredbird
Junior User
...Just bought new '06Lariat CC 4x4 6.0.....about my 10th Ford in a row.....but I tested the others, since I'd heard 6.0 horror stories.

Here is what ruled the others out: I am very large. Heavy, tall, and wide. My shoulders are very wide. I sat in the Dodge and my left shoulder was twisted around my chest, way too narrow. The Chevy roof was too low. The Ford.....just right. Waaaay more cab room IMO. The Dodge seats felt like racing seats compared to the Ford. Felt like a cockpit.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:19 PM
captchas
Originally Posted by ***** D
OK, there is one downside to owning a Ford. Me and the wife were out yesterday driving the new one around and I said "God I love this truck!". She then said "I think you love this truck more than you love me." That moment of hesitation (while I was reflecting on the question ) cost me any chance of action last nite.
wait till your married 26 years like me man. it gets worse. just roll over and go to sleep and dream. about your truck that is.

Quick Reply: Convince Me to come over