Notices

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:50 PM
nugent_crai
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights

I have the stock headlights. I want to smoke out the headlights and then put an HID kit in them. I was told that the higher the K, the lower the brightness and the more blue the light looks. I want the BRIGHTEST light i can possibly get. i was looking to get the Xenon lights (real ones, not the fake blue light stuff). what do you guys reccomend? also where can i get the headlight housing smoked out? i have seen them on ebay, but dont know if its worth $200 for them. Can i send them out to get them smoked for cheaper? any info would be great!!

thanks in advance

Craig

Old 05-08-2006, 07:22 AM
Jonno
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

U're right as for the higher the K AFTER 8000K or 10000K they do get less brighter they go down to 2X halogen lights where as 6000K and 8000K are 3X.
Anything above 10000K u start to go purple . I've got a 8000K HID kit in my 02 B3000. I'm telling your they are just a tad blueish white, and sooo bright, ppl think my high beams are on when i have my low beams on.. here's a link to explain it better.. Note: i'm not recommending this kit, just look at the headlight color comparison chart. : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...62708526QQrdZ1