gas in oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:31 PM
blaircole
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gas in oil

Hello

I was just reading about someone who was having similar problems as mine. I did the cam about 500 km ago and ever since have had problems. I'm farely new to doing this sort of work, so I'm learning as I go. My main problem was low oil pressure. When the engine is cold, I have great oil pressure, but as it warms up it slowly drops off to around 5-10 psi.

I have found that there is gas in my oil and am going to replace my fuel pump. My question is should I think about doing the bearing in the bottom end? The engine only has about 10,000 km on it since rebuild.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:30 PM
danlee
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The oil pressure sensor is at the rear of the motor in a 335 series motor, and the oil pump is at the front of the motor. All the main bearings get oil before the gauge. 5 to 10 lbs oil pressure, when warm is not unusual in these motors.

Replace the fuel pump and change your oil, with a good quality oil of sufficient viscosity not to thin out too much at warm temperature. 15-40 or 20-50 oil should improve the pressure at the gauge. When cooler weather comes again, switch to 10-30 oil.