Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Intercooler boots.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 05:52 PM
stockernavstar
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intercooler boots.

ive read on here that you should be able to go to a PARKER or hydrualic hose store and get new IC boots to replace fords swelling ones or just to replace when old. I read that you need to ask for silicone impregnated hose (maybe 4-ply) ithink.
ive heard of people suggesting this , but has anyone actually done it.

one of the online diesel stores are selling new IC boots and states that they are 4-ply and silicone impregnateed. Sounds too easy and am willing to go through the local cat hydrualics place here to get new ones. But only if im making sense. Thanks!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:30 PM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
If you go to a local hydraulics place, you can buy 2 feet of it and cut it yourself. It is cheaper.

You do not need the silicone impregnated tubing, but it is nice stuff. I bought a hybrid, it has a sturdy outer rubber and a siliconized inner liner.
If you were sliding down a 400' payne of glass and you had some of this stuff in your hand....it would stop you dead. (or rip your hand off)

Ready for this....it was $23 a LF ! The silicone impregnated is more like $37 lf.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:19 PM
stockernavstar
Senior User
sweet. have you used it on your truck. i will look into the hybrid stuff. the price is awesome just need some back-up before i go and do it. truck just rolled 150,000 and wanting to replace with some new, straight , thicker stuff that these jacked up places offer. im just thinking to myself that they gotta get it from some place like this.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:31 PM
BowDown
Senior User
What diameter should we ask for?