New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maintance tips for my 01 psd

i am a first time diesel owner and i need as many maintance tips as i can get

Old 04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Muktown
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the most important thing is keep up with oil changes every 4,000 miles but they can get expensive with the 15 quarts and make sure you use oil thats diesel rated like rotella or delo. if your truck has green coolant you need to keep up with the coolant additive th prevent cylinder liner pitting. change out your transfer case, differential, and tranny fluids to make sure they are all good and let your truck idle for a minute or two after comming to a stop before turning it off to keep your turbo healthy and cool it down. use a fuel additive to keep your injectors clean. i use diesel kleen from wal-mart every other tank. change your fuel filter about every 10,000 miles. i change mine every other oil change. you can get them for about $20 at www.fleetfilter.com

Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM
normaltype
Junior User
[QUOTE=Muktown]the most important thing is keep up with oil changes every 4,000 miles but they can get expensive with the 15 quarts and make sure you use oil thats diesel rated like rotella or delo. if your truck has green coolant you need to keep up with the coolant additive th prevent cylinder liner pitting. change out your transfer case, differential, and tranny fluids to make sure they are all good and let your truck idle for a minute or two after comming to a stop before turning it off to keep your turbo healthy and cool it down. use a fuel additive to keep your injectors clean. i use diesel kleen from wal-mart every other tank. change your fuel filter about every 10,000 miles. i change mine every other oil change. you can get them for about $20 at www.fleetfilter.com[/QUOTE]

Curious, what coolant additive? and how often?

Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM
PSNut
Postmaster
[/QUOTE]Curious, what coolant additive? and how often?[/QUOTE]
He's probably talking about this stuff: LINK