Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
motor mounts

Old 08-18-2002, 04:09 PM
Seifferlein
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
motor mounts

I have a 69 f100 half ton 2 wheel drive. I made the dumb mistake of tearing the piece of junk apart to replace the stupid rear main. Like an idiot I removed the pan bolts before I jacked up the engine so there is no turning back now. I can hardly fit the jack in a place where the thing will reach the oil pan. I have the jack in a good position but instead of lifting the engine it lifts the whole truck. I have off the nut that holds the paded part of the motor mount to the triangular shaped bracket. Is there a trick to getting the paded mount to separate from the triangular bracket. should I instead remove the bolts that hold the triangular bracket to the frame. I started to do this but found out that it is impossible remove one of the bolts because the steering column was in the way. Also It seems to me that if I did it this way it would be hard to line the holes in the bracket up with those in the frame once it came time to reattach them.
does anyone have any suggestions on some better way to do this
thanks for all help
brad

Old 08-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Jimbare
all alone in the world
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
motor mounts

the weight of the motor makes it seem like it is stuck. you have to jack it up a long ways to get it to clear. if you have a freind with a cherry picker, borrow it. it is the best and safest way to pick the motor up enough to get the pan off.