Notices

HELP!!....lights and emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Josh0525
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP!!....lights and emblems

few questions here, i have a 94 F150 i wanna take my emblems off and put 04 or 05 emblems on it...is that possible?...if so whats the step step process i would have to take to acheive this?....is there pegs on the back of my emblems?...what about the 04 emblems?

Second, and suggestions on the best looking headlight bulbs?...i have diamond cut headlights with the silverstar bulb...dont really like it....i like the HID looking stuff, whats the best bulb to go with to get the closest to that look?....let me know the price and where i can get them and the name of them...thanks

Josh

Old 04-16-2006, 12:48 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can switch emblems provided the new one is as big as or bigger than the old one. You can just pry the emblems off if you're careful. The desired way would be to remove the fender or whatever and pop them off from the back, but either way will work. Just be careful with the paint. Clean the area thoroughly, and then use outdoor double sided tape to stick the new ones on.

As for the headlight bulbs, not sure exactly what you mean. You want bright ones? Get the highest wattage rated bulbs you can find.

RP
Zach

Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 AM
Josh0525
Senior User
thanks zach, the headlight deal...i have aftermarket diamond cut headlights on my 94 f150, right now i have silverstar bulbs in it, those are supposed to be "the whitest brightest light" from what they claim, im wanting something as close to the HID look as possible rather than paying 200 for a HID conversion kit, i was wondering which bulb out there is the closest looking to these, and i dont want something that has that yellowish brown tint to it like a regular halogen bulb

Old 04-16-2006, 12:08 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not even sure what the "HID" is lol.

Simply put, the clear bulbs rated for the highest wattage will deliver the brightest light. So if you're lookin' for the brighest lights, you'll just have to shop around for higher-wattage rated bulbs.

RP
Zach

Old 04-18-2006, 05:18 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
..just don't forget, highest wattage=hightest temps. You don't wanna melt your reflectors....

Old 04-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Smaug
Posting Guru
For the emblems, get some fishing line and slip it under a corner of your old emblem. Use a sawing motion to cut thru the emblem tape. Clean it up w/ either Goo Gone or WD40. Get some 3M emblem tape from your favorite parts store to attach the new emblems with. Check Ebay for Euro Dezigns bulbs. They will give you that simulated HID look.

Last edited by Smaug; 04-18-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Lushman
Elder User
Josh, I have the Silverstars on my F350 and I like them. If you want more of the HID look, you want the "white" light specturm check out this link from Sylvania: http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...on/default.htm
It says you will want the 4100-5400K kelvin range for the HID look. You can pick up those headlight bulbs on EBAY for about $12 from what I found, but the Silverstars actually put out more light for our application.
I use HID lighting on my mountain bike and quads and it is awsome since it is actually putting out more white light compared to the halogen bulbs(yellow light) for the power it takes, but unless you upgrade to an actuall HID system which is $$$$$ on your truck, you can use the other bulbs to get the HID look.