2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Evolution programmer/monitor

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
DASTUD
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dexsure
Do you have a Tonneau Cover? That would help with aerodynamics.
fficeffice" /><O></O>

I was looking at the K&N, and some exhaust headers. You open a ford engine up a bit and you get more power and better fuel economy<O></O>
NO TONNEAU COVER. JUST A LOW PROFILE TRUCK BOX.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
DASTUD
Elder User
Originally Posted by franky4fingers
Devil.

When I return to stock, nothing changes all problems still remain. The truck starts fine. main menu shows a "0" in the upper right corner meaning it should be returned to stock. tranny just has all kinds of problems slipping, not being in gear at all or wrong gear. like I mentioned malfunction display on the truck comes on. And also like I mentioned even though the unit said programming was complete when I changed tire size and Tow package I am not convinced anything at all happened performance wise. I know what happened failure wise for sure.
TRY THIS....ON THE MENU, PUSH RESTORE DEFAULTS. THEN TURN KEY TO THE OFF POSITION, UNPLUG THE UNIT FROM UNDER THE STERRING WHEEL, TURN KEY BACK TO THE ON POSITION AND PLUG THE EDGE BACK IN. AFTER THE MAIN SCREEN COMES UP, TRY TO REPROGRAM. THIS WORKED FOR ME. I WAS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE LEVEL 3, NON CUSTOM AND CUSTOM SETTING, WHEN LOADED, THE TRUCK WOULD GO INTO FAILSAFE MODE AND WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO GO FASTER THAN IDLE, I DID THE ABOVE AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS SINCE.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:00 PM
devilclawz
Junior User
Thumbs up

franky !

Don't sound good to me, may have just been time for your tranny to bite the dust????If your still under warranty, they say here that you'll need to clear the codes on your PCM before taking back to Ford.

devilcalwz

Old 04-17-2006, 03:49 PM
franky4fingers
New User
Devil.

Is returning to stock different from clearing the codes ? I have returned to stock already. hope that was all I needed to do because its already at the dealer. Oh and I have removed the unit from the truck and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes. Is that good enough ?

Old 04-17-2006, 04:19 PM
devilclawz
Junior User
Thumbs up

franky !

From what I have heard on this forum, if a good Ford tech. looks hard enough at your PCM they can still tell at one time there was a programmer hooked up to this vehicle.
I don't know this for a fact, but is just what I've heard from others here on this forum.
And it depends on your dealer if they want cause trouble because of the programmer or not??????Some do some don't.
It might be too late for you now but what I was told was to :
1. Return to stock.
2. Disconnect battery cable for 30 min.
3. Re-connect battery cable
4. Then cycle the key on off (slowly) 8 times, this would clear the P1000 code that shows presence of tuner.
All depends on if they want to make a big deal out of the tuner once having been there????????

Good Luck!

Old 04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Dexsure
Senior User
Thanks for that Devil,
Your advice will come in handy to anyone who may get in the same predicament that Franky did. By the way Franky, hope you don't have any problems with warranty and all that good stuff, keep us informed. I’m getting the Evo when I get my rig so all the info I can get is good!

Old 04-17-2006, 05:04 PM
franky4fingers
New User
I will keep you advised of the outcome. My dilema now is say that Ford restores my PCM and everything is fine. Do I dare try this again, because as far as I know I did everything correct; programming was pretty straight forward plug in and turn the key on/off as directed. I e-mailed Edge and advised them of the problem. I guess I will see what there response is. Thanks, for all your responses

Old 04-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Anyone running this on a 4.6? I had a Diablo on mine and while it seemed to help, it didn't make it that much hotter.

I like the Edge for the monitoring...temps and such...

Old 04-17-2006, 09:46 PM
devilclawz
Junior User
Thumbs up

Biggziff !

I've got an 04 4.6 here. Well pleased now, no the Edge will not turn your truck into a racecar. Things did improve though. I had problems with an update from Edge, but all is well. I'm thinking most others will say the same.

devilclawz

Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
LACityFD
Senior User
So I'm running the edge on a 5.4 SCREW....went in today, after running the Level 2 program for a couple days, and decided to tweak some settings...

My question is, under gear ratio, does it display the gear package you have installed in the truck? Because I could have sworn i had the 3.55 rear end and the edge is tellin me i have the 3.73

Any thoughts?

Old 04-18-2006, 12:33 AM
RDavis - OKlahoma
Cross-Country
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I read on another forum that the Edge uses the gear ratio stored in the VID Block (in your case 3.55) until you view the custom programming option for the gear ratio. The default value comes up as 3.73. If you push enter or menu to back out of the custom option you end up accepting the value to 3.73; if you change it to 3.55, the default value will show up in future as 3.55.

Also, I think that whenever you change the gear ratio you must also change the tire size.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:34 AM
swhaley
New User
I bought an 06 f150 xlt with the 5.4 about a month ago... and with about 1,000 miles on it i added a edge evolution programmer... it made a huge difference but it sputters a little while idling and while in reverse it sputters a little bit... i have put on about 800 miles with the edge and other than that have had no problems... by the way I also run it entirely on e85 which is 105+ octane... any suggestions...

Old 04-18-2006, 10:04 AM
spd080
New User
I am having a small problem with my Edge. I have had it about two months now and have been amazed at the performance gains from this product!! However, I recently changed a few settings and now hear a clicking or pinging sound during acceleration. I have the timing adjusted to 1.75 and am running 93 octane fuel and have 3.73 gears. Also I have 305/70/17 on my truck and am wondering what I should be using on the edge as a tire size? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Old 04-18-2006, 12:00 PM
derek4343
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
your edge manual should tell you how to enter your tire size in mm. and get your gear ratio correct or everything else will be off.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:03 PM
derek4343
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also when you plug in your edge to the computer you can enter your tire size and original gears and it will tell you what your new ratio should be for you to punch in when you get back out to the truck.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution programmer/monitor