The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.
View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legal?
yes it should be legal
46.51%
no it shouldn't be legal
53.49%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think marijuana should be legal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think lots of drugs would be legalized, It would help filter the gene pool alot quicker.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:41 PM
JD717
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
umm, let me think about that for a second.... NO. I've seen the people that smoke that crap just for fun, if it were legal, there would be more of those morons out there. and the guys I saw truly scared me, like 18 years old but acted like they were 8, and no idea how to do anything.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:44 PM
bodian
Freshman User
Tax the S88t out of it, back off the fuel and tobacco, Thier gonna smoke er anyways.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:00 AM
B C fx4 Level II
Senior User
Yeah let's keep it illegal so all the Scum bags who don't want to work for a living can grow it and make millions of dollars buy fancy houses and cars, boats helicopters and take fancy trips all over the world, while I bust my *** working seven days a week paying taxes trying to raise a family. I haven't had a vacation in three years. I love watching innocent people get gunned down in the crossfire of gangs fighting over who's gonna sell it on their turf. More people are hurt by the CRIMINAL element than the actual drug. There is not one documented overdose fatallity caused by the drug Marijuana..Every time they try to find another reason to keep it illegal they find out it has more healing properties. I am not saying it is the greatest thing in the world for you, but the war on drugs is not working, we have to find a better way than prohibition, all we are doing is creating a bunch of Al Capones.

Old 04-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think if it wasn't against the law - a lot of problems associated with it would be resolved.

HOWEVER (and for me it is a mighty big however) the oldest joke in the pot crowd is someone arguing that it doesn't affect your memory and in the middle of making a statement to that affect, stops cold and asks their buddies what they were just talking about...

I made a dang good living with my mind, electronics calls for an ability to at least remember what line you were persuing to solve a problem. What would you think if you had someone work on the brakes on your truck, and they came unglued on the highway because the person who did the work forgot to tighten your lugnuts because they were high?

If you lived through the experience, would you ever take anything back to them to be worked on again?

There are two sides to every coin.

Last edited by Greywolf; 04-08-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
brandon_wyer
Junior User
No, it shouldn't.Why give stoners a chance to be normal?Sorry if that's mean or anything, but they screwed up their own lives by using the stuff. Plus legalizing it would bring back alll the hippies who went away.We should of jailed them when he had a chance.Lol.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Ford150/428/dud
Senior User
I say it should be illeagle many many people waste their lives on it, I hate being around and breathing, any kind of smoke. I just dont get why people want to breath it in on purpose. There are many different ideas on the subject, some say that the part of it not being illeagle causes more voilence. Others say it will cause violence leagle or not. Some people can smoke it their whole lives and it Hardly affects them, others smoke it for their first and they throw away the rest of their lives.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:09 AM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone that thinks that Marijuana should be legal should find themselves someone that smokes Marijuana to do the repair work on their car. Lets see if you are really for legalizing it.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:28 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
I think if it wasn't against the law - a lot of problems associated with it would be resolved.
I agree, I have simmilar views on underage drinking

Old 04-10-2006, 07:04 AM
gold_plated_cow
New User
It should be legal. If it was legal less people would smoke it. The kids just smoke it now because they think its cool to break the law.

Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Do less people smoke cigaretts because they are legal????? What about alcohol? Do less people drink alcohol because it is legal?????

What about hamburgers would more people eat hamburgers if they were illegal?

Sorry gold plated cow, that's broken logic

Marijuana is addictive, that is why when people start smoking it they continue to smoke it, because they are addicted not because it is illegal.

Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 AM
gold_plated_cow
New User
Originally Posted by CAFordDude

Marijuana is addictive, that is why when people start smoking it they continue to smoke it, because they are addicted not because it is illegal.
Marijuana is not addictive, and there is no known toxic amount. If you eat it or use a vaporizer you won't kill your lungs.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:42 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gold_plated_cow
Marijuana is not addictive.
Most people don't get physically addicted to marijuana like you would get to cigarettes or alcohol. Some people get mentally addicted, they want to get high, but there is no physical addiction.

Tim

Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by gold_plated_cow
Marijuana is not addictive, and there is no known toxic amount. If you eat it or use a vaporizer you won't kill your lungs.
Cite your sources. Here are mine:

From Dictionary.com
ad·dic·tion Audio pronunciation of "addiction" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-dkshn)
n.
1. Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance.
2. An instance of this: a person with multiple chemical addictions.
1. The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.
2. An instance of this: had an addiction for fast cars.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ongoing/marijuanap.html

Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 PM
handyman43358
Postmaster
Impressive Aaron. I was hoping someone would nail that to the wall! lol.

Quick Reply: Do you think marijuana should be legal?