General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Past coming back to haunt me

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Snake1979
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Past coming back to haunt me

Well my mom just got a visit from the ATF.

When I was in my youth, I think 19 or 20, I was bored one summer. A freind and I decided, lets make a bomb. Now I know in a post 9/11 world, that seems crazy, and it was stupid then, but this was like 1999. So we went down to the local hardware store, picked up some metal plumbing pipes, and made some bombs (directions removed).

Well after we made these bombs, we used one on a old bus out back in a state forest. It had fallen in a crevase, rusted up and stripped, was just something to do. Well the other one I forgot about.

Then Three years ago, I had a ATF agent come and talk to me, after they found the other bomb I made in the bottom of a dresser, in a storage building I get rid of. They took it to Ft. Campbell, and blew it up. The agent was more interested in a old freind of mine that was into some bad drug scenes, but he told me not to do it anymore, and that it was stupid. That was it, I felt lucky.

Now, I get a call from my mother, tonight. She said that an agent came to her house, and asked my sister where I was, and gave my mom a card to call them back. What is he wanting with me now I wonder?

Moral of the story, even the stupid stuff you do as a kid, can come back to bite you in the butt.

Last edited by Torque1st; 03-29-2006 at 07:30 PM. Reason: removed directions for making bombs
Old 03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Call them ASAP! Do NOT talk about how they were made etc and certainly do not publish directions on the internet! That is stupid to do even now.

Last edited by Torque1st; 03-29-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:53 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i wouldn't worry about it at all, maybe coming out there because your friend or a friend of that friend is in trouble with something and they are just following up on whatever they can.

but good story though.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:58 PM
polarbear
Post Fiend
Yep, I'm going to echo Eric's comments here. Don't take this personally, but the stoopid stuff hasn't stopped yet. Before you post on a public forum whatever you did or didn't do, you might want to talk with them first.
Kids.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Snake1979
Elder User
I haven't seen the guy they were interested in, for a little over 2 years now. The guy I built the "explosive device" as I recall they called it, died last year of cancer.

My wife is more worried about it than I am, I'm not sweeting it to much. I don't think they'd ruin my, my wifes, and my sons life over something I did 6 or 7 years ago, being stupid, and bored.

I am kind of peeved about the fact that they do keep popping up to ask me questions though. Doesn't the ATF and federal government have bigger fish to fry? I'm not a terrorist, I know we can have home grown ones to, but still, I have a good steady job, I don't hang around with a bad crowd anymore, and they keep wasting there time tracking me down about some stupid act from years back.

Still, I just hope someone hasn't decided to build something that resembles what I did, and now they want to talk with me about it. It wasn't that hard to think up this thing.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:13 PM
fordtklvr
Junior User
Hey! watcha waiting on? Special directions? Call the agent NOW! Dont wait. Wake him up,yell for him,page him. Get this over with ASAP!

Old 03-29-2006, 08:20 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Snake, I am with everyone else, call that feller ASAP and see if you can finally put this B.S. to rest once and for all.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 PM
79f-250custom
Posting Guru
get anything out of your house that you can make any kind of bomb out of. i dont care if its bleach and rubbing alcohol. FRICKEN BURN IT! that goes with any illegal wepons or druggs.

the best thing you can do is call him and tell the truth, LIE ABOUT NOTHING!!
Mitch

Old 03-29-2006, 08:28 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm kinda curious how they found a bomb and knew you made it? IE how did they originally find you?

I have a good steady job, I don't hang around with a bad crowd anymore
so did Tim mcveigh. I think the ATF is just double checking. Althought, I think it would be the dept. of homeland sec. not the ATF, but who knows, maybe they want your buddy for a firearms violation.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Snake1979
Elder User
They originally found me because it was my storage area, and my dresser, that had the second of the two in the bottom in it. Honestly, I had forgotten the thing was there.

I did call the number they left, and it went to an answering service. So I left my number, and a message to call me tommorow afternoon around 5.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:30 PM
fordtklvr
Junior User
Originally Posted by 79f-250custom
get anything out of your house that you can make any kind of bomb out of. i dont care if its bleach and rubbing alcohol. FRICKEN BURN IT! that goes with any illegal wepons or druggs.
I think that would only make him look guilty of something

Old 03-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call them up, make an appointment, have them come out for lunch and some coffee, whatever.

Don't screw around with it, and don't worry about hiding anything.

If you're honest, you are. Whoopee....

I'm suprised I haven't been visited by "The Men In Suits" but if I was I'd ask if they were hiring buttholes like me...

Old 03-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Snake1979
Elder User
Yeah, I've got a shotgun in the house, not loaded, but for security. Other than that, dude, I don't do drugs anymore, most of the guns I own are locked in my grandfathers gun safe. I'm not going to start dumping rubbing alcohol out in front of the apartments here.

Like I said, its probably nothing, and he may just want to ask me if I'm keeping my nose clean or something, I don't know for sure though.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:45 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,697 Likes on 1,136 Posts
Ok I don't agree with most of the posts above. I have dealt with the federal government personally and it will haunt me forever. Call a lawyer. Don't come up with the lame excuse that "I can't afford it" you can’t not afford it period. What you say in casual conversation is a confession to them. Let me re phrase this in English, DO NOT CALL THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAVE A LAWYER DO IT

Old 03-29-2006, 09:01 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
WHOA!!!!! whats with all the paranoid stuff everyone?!?!?! has it come down to this point??!?!?! when i lived in kyrgyzstan there wasn't near this much paranoya! and that was even right after the revolution!

the ATF are suppose to be fellow americans to protect us, they are not the **** ss!
jeez, its starting to remind me of the USSR.........

Quick Reply: Past coming back to haunt me