Notices

Extend-A-Fender - Bushwacker

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Marvinmycat
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extend-A-Fender - Bushwacker

I'm looking for alternatives to "fixing" a major rust problem with a newly acquired 1994 F150. I was thinking of cutting the rusted sections fo the fenders off and selaing them up. Then I'd hope to just cover them up with some sort of fender flares. As a last option, total replacement of the fenders would be in order.

If anyone can point me to some products where the flares are substantial enough to cover a large are, like the Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender, I'd really appreciate it. Pictures of what you have, or of any products would great too as I need to estimate the amount of body they would cover up.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 PM
skrappy
Senior User
replacement fenders really arent that much $$$ but fender flares do look sweet, then again they're more $ then the replacement fenders are... bushwhacker.com or
http://www.socaltrucks.com/totw/april/index3.htm

Old 03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Marvinmycat
New User
Well, my main problem is rust. I mean twelve years of Buffalo rust. Its everywhere. From looking at trying to hide the problem, I think a total quarter panel replacement is going to be in order. The problem I'm having, is that searching for replacement panels is a pain, nothing like searchig for Mustang parts. Those sites litter the Internet.

Anyway, I found a site offering them for around $200, but I can't find it again, forgot to bookmark it. The closest I've found after that is around $325 and up - way up.

If anyone knows where I can find a better deal for both rear quarter panels, not repair panels, for a 1994 F150 XL (8' bed, super cab, dual gas tanks w/ duel fillers), let me know!

Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 AM
skrappy
Senior User
LMC truck parts (late model classic)

Old 03-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Marvinmycat
New User
Awesome! Some parts are cheaper than other sites, sone not. But this looks to be an exstensive catalog. Woohoo!

Thanks a 1/2 ton!