What have I got?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Lwlandy
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Question What have I got?

Hi Guys,
I usually hang out in the 1948-1960 forum as I am in the process of building a 56F100. I recently bought a 4.6 and 5 speed Tremec box but would like a bit of advice regarding what the engine actually is.

The reason I ask is that I bought it in the UK and was told that it was used to develop the final engine in a MG Rover ZT. This is a UK car that used the Ford 4.6. However I beleive that Rover made various modifications including the fuel management system.

I have some pics in my gallery with some identifying marks shown, it looks like it was made in 2002 or there abouts.

Does anyone recognise these connectors?

They just dont look anything like what I have seen before. The ECU has a single big straight connector, right? I didnt get the ECU with the engine. So I need to source one, but I just dont think that this loom will fit a standard ford unit.

Any help, much apreciated.

Thanks
Lee

Old 03-26-2006, 08:29 PM
70f100longbed
Fleet Mechanic
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
It looks like a 4.6 Romeo from a Mustang judging by the intake and placement of the pullies and 5 speed Tremec tranny. The lower rad hose and shifter location also looks like Mustang. The PCM is under the right side of the dash so that would explain the large square connector. There is another harness that goes through the firewall to the PCM.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:17 AM
kspilkinton
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is definitely a SOHC 4.6... a version with the intake on the side I can't see closely resembles a Mustang engine.

-Kerry