1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Turn Signal Switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 06:49 PM
racefan1967
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn Signal Switch

I have a problem I am restoring a 67 F-150 with an automatic, and the problem is the turn signal switch. Some idiot cut the old out and tost it before I saved the old truck so now what to do. So I got a switch out of a 69 with a manual trans. Not giving much thought to it I used the 69 column to rebuild the stock automatic column. Then I got to wiring in the turn switch and what do know the colors are different. The color for the 69 column and what they do I have but for the stock auto column I don't so here is the colors for the stock column white/lt blue, green/white, lt blue, green/orange, dk blue/yellow, dk green. I hope some one can tell me what these wires do I have looked in many books and keep running into a dead end. Thanks to all who can help. Steve:

Old 01-13-2003, 10:03 PM
rebocardo
Post Fiend
Turn Signal Switch

> stock column
> white/lt blue = front right
> green/white = front left
> lt blue = +12 from flasher (?)
> green/orange = power from stop lamp switch on pedal(?)
> dk blue/yellow= rear left (probably yellow/black stripe?)
> dk green = rear right

I am going by the colors in my 1971, which are slightly different from yours I guess. The (?) flasher and stop lamp (?) is easy to test with a test lamp.

On my truck, there are connectors on the driver's fender that go to the front and rear after they exit the firewall. You can test here for continuity from the dash wires and to where they go in the back/front.

Old 01-14-2003, 08:21 PM
racefan1967
New User
Turn Signal Switch

To any one that reads my request I figured out why the colors are different in the turn switches that I have. The switch is from a power steering column and my column is a manual steering column. Meaning that the switch came from a truck with power steering and mine was manual steering. :-staun

Old 01-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Turn Signal Switch

I went thru the dreaded "one wiring missing" dilemma with turn signal switches. I had a "different unknown column" in my 70 and the wiring was ONE wire off. I was missing one rear brake light or one front turn signal depending on how I wired it.

I then finally ordered a turn signal for a '70 and it wired in right and worked perfect. I dont think manual/auto or power/non power steering has a difference, it is BY YEAR. At least that is what I found. I know the switch cost near $50 and that was like 15 yrs ago.

Larry

1967 F100 352/c6
1969 F100 428CJ/4 spd
1959 B model Mack
and a few hot rod FORD cars too

Old 01-14-2003, 09:32 PM
idealtrucks
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Turn Signal Switch