It's been suggested that a regular day each month be chosen as a regular G2G day...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's been suggested that a regular day each month be chosen as a regular G2G day...

Now, this can be the first saturday of the month, and the location left wide open for several G2G's in various parts of a state or province to take place.

I kind of like that idea, as opposed to one big central meet that not everyone can blow the fuel money to get to - and yet it is still a designated day of the month that is KNOWN so that a G2G (or several of them) can be expected and planned for...

The same member put out the suggestion to post it as: "Show up, or don't show up. But if you don't show, NO WHINING..."

Is that a realistic outlook, assuming it is phrased in a polite way?

Old 03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, its good enough for me

Tried/trying to get a similar thing to happen regularly in the VAC since last summer. . . I've always told them, "It's YOUR chapter, you guys can meet and BS anytime, anywhere, and use the forum for any planning necessary with my full support and with any help I can give". No takers

I think the hardest part is finding someone who will instigate an area of the state near them. Of course, having plans laid out for them might be the key we were mising in the VAC, to get someone to grab the reins and go with it. I like the idea

Old 04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I also tend to think a certain degree of outrageousness may be required in order to get folks attention...

But thats just me.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 AM
ivanribic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I also tend to think a certain degree of outrageousness may be required in order to get folks attention...
We've found that the simple combination of alcohol and fire seem to do the trick just fine.

FWIW we tried this last year. It worked for about 3 months and then after that it was pretty tough to get people to show up. They'd still be up for GTG's but showing up the same time each month just got too tough for most of them. Now we just post up whenever we want to meet.

Last edited by ivanribic; 04-19-2006 at 11:15 AM.