N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Honda Generators

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Honda Generators

Anyone know where I can find a good deal on a Honda EU2000i generator?

Old 03-12-2006, 07:32 PM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found that when Camping World was having a sale they had pretty good deals on generators. I just (in the last 6 months) bought a new Honda EU3000 to run my travel trailer on. I got mine from White Cap Construction Supply and paid $1700 out the door.

If your ok doing it over the internet and having it shipped to you try:

www.wisesales.com or
www.mayberrys.com or
www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com

My 3000 is whisper quiet and will run my whole trailer (ac/fridge/micro/lights) without even a hicup.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:56 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Hey thanks. I'll check out those sources. The reason I am looking at an EU200i is that I can eventually get two of them and use them in parallel. That is a nice feature with Honda EU2000. Kinda spendy though and you have to buy the parallel cable for another couple of hundred bucks.
With the two gennys, I would only need to operate one at a time if not using the Air conditioning, and save gas and wear and tear on the genny's by rotating their use. With the two together, I would have more than enough to run the air and more.
Another benifit is not having to lift but two genny's at 50+ lbs each instead of the bigger one. My bones are getting more suseptable to aches and pains and that F350 4x4 seems to be getting taller.
Glad to hear that your having good luck with your Honda. They seem to be one of the best gennys. Spendy suckers though aren't they?

Old 03-13-2006, 12:07 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaFordDude, welcome aboard. I think this is the first time you have posted in this forum. We are always looking for new members to the chapter, what part of California you call home?

We locate each other on a "frapper map" http://www.frappr.com/ftenorthernchaptermembers
please take a few minutes and and look at that site, joing us on the map if you want.

Also, we are having a meeting at 11 am, Sunday March 26 at the GoodGuys show in Pleasanton which you are more than welcome to attend. See https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=466955 for details.

Again, we are glad to see you, and hope you join our chapter.

Tim, sorry for the mini-hijack. I downsized my camper so much that I can now run for a few days with some extra batteries and a big inverter. But no air conditioning!

Last edited by WillyB; 03-13-2006 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:50 AM
CAFordDude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are pretty spendy that is for sure. Before I bought one I had bought one of the Costco specials, 6000w for about $450. That thing was so loud it almost shook my trailer and forget about holding a conversation within a 75ft radius of that thing. You might want to also consider the Yamaha. They are equally as quiet and come with a "wheel set" already on them for easier movement. You can get the wheels for the Honda but they are extra.

I think when I bought mine White Cap was selling the 2000 for about $900, about the same as Camping World I think.

I just happend to be cruising by the "New Posts" section and came across the generator question. An opportunity for me to be a giver instead of a taker since I know how to drive may car but not enough to work on it.

*****, I am actually looking for a Chapter to join but alas I think I might not be considered Northern California here in the wine country of Temecula. I don't know exactly what your guidelines are. I sent an email to the SOCAL chapter pres a few days ago but have yet to hear back.

Thanks for the offer.

Last edited by CAFordDude; 03-13-2006 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Caforddude,
We have folks from Northern Nevada who are members. I think you'll fit in just fine.
Welcome aboard! Tim

Old 03-13-2006, 11:00 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CAFordDude
T
*****, I am actually looking for a Chapter to join but alas I think I might not be considered Northern California here in the wine country of Temecula. I don't know exactly what your guidelines are. I sent an email to the SOCAL chapter pres a few days ago but have yet to hear back.

Thanks for the offer.
Yea, you are far south of us. There is no rule that keeps you from joining us, but, in truth, the southern chapter will have activities closer to your home.

You can join as many Chapters as you wish, and are always welcome to post in this or any other forum.