General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Whats your Favorite TV shows that got cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:40 AM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lcampbell
Churchturtle, tell me it ain't so!! Everwood, gone??
Please forgive my oversight. It is coming back March 27th. Not sure why it disappeared as long as it did with no real explanation, but the WB website says it's coming back.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
salute your shorts
eurekas castle
chicago hope
NASH

*others im glad to see cancelled
walker texas ranger
anything with stupid chuck norris

Old 03-16-2006, 09:14 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So many many watchable shows!!! Where the heck have they gone??
I am paying 65/month for basic cable, some 50 or 60 crappy channels, each channel broadcasts 24hrs/day, seven days a week, and I think about 50 percent of that time is filled with info-mercials, standard commercial breaks, and many channels simply repeat shows at night that were shown earlier in the day.
I like watching TV early in the morning and late at night, but when I start flipping thru channels I find nothing but salespeople trying to push sex aides, diet aides, miracle cures, and girls gone wild is on all night long, on 10 channels over and over and over and over. If I see that old man Oreck trying to peddle his piece of crap air cleaner or vacuum cleaner one more time I'm gonna explode!!! WHAT THE HELL AM I PAYING 65 A MONTH FOR????
I can't understand why cable TV has totally wiped out the chance to view any of the 100's if not thousands of TV programs that have been created over the years. Why aren't these old series and old B-movies still around?

Am I simply paying 65 a month for a technical service that provides an electronic signal to my TV? I would rather the signal had entertaining value, and a lot less commercials.
There are thousands of hours of basic cable programming to fill, unfortunately the greedy corporate pigs have moved everything off basic cable, either they refuse to show it on basic, and it is only available on higher tiers of service (more costly), or the greedy companies refuse to release an old re-run unless a channel pays exhorbitant fees to lease the rights to broadcast the old shows.

I really miss the the way things used to be..not so much any particular show, but the fact that shows used to run for years, at the same time every week. There was a season of new episodes, then a repeat of the shows, then they would throw in some pilots, and samples of things to come. When there were fewer stations, the programming was more varied and filled up thru the whole day, repeating episodes wasn't required. Competition among the few stations improved the odds that you would get better entertainment.
I could put on the TV at night and catch a newer movie, then later at night after the news was another movie, maybe older or more obscure, but still a movie. There would be 4 or 5 options every night. Now I rarely see movies on TV, they only show the same jackie chan crap, and James Bond over and over.

Get Smart, MASH, Gilligan, Ren and Stimpy, Bugs Bunny, Married W/Kids
Emergency 51, Adam 12, Beavis and Butthead, Peewee Herman Show,
Stooges, Munsters, Mchales Navy, Hill Street Blues, Benny Hill, Monty Python, MST 3000, Star Trek (any), Time Tunnel, Medical Center, FBI (Efram Zimbalist) Mannix, McCloud, Columbo, McMillan and Wife, Seahunt, Voyage to Bottom of Sea, Flash Gordon, Wonderwoman, Isis, Original Spiderman animated, Living Color, Starsky and Hutch, Baretta, Streets of san fransisco,
My Three Sons, Hazel, Rat Patrol, {F-TROOP, where the Heckarethey?}
The Monkees, Lucy(any) Chico and the man,
The Mod Squad, Room 222, The Rookies, Honeymooners (Very Funny still) Car 54,
OH Poo I can't remember much more....

Check out this link... www.fiftiesweb.com

Old 03-17-2006, 11:58 AM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
check out the hallmark channel. it has a lot of the older stuff I enjoy and it looks like you'll like it.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:51 PM
hardaway
New User
JAG and Dark Angel.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:56 AM
924x2150
Posting Guru
check out the hallmark channel. it has a lot of the older stuff I enjoy and it looks like you'll like it.
Bigredtruckmi..what is the Hallmark channel? I don't get it on comcast basic programming.
I wonder if you are paying for a more expensive package that includes all the frills?
I may never see any of these old shows again. I refuse to be blackmailed by comcast or any other cable or satellite service.
Comcast should have just sent a ransom letter to me...it would have said this:

"We have your favorite TV shows held hostage, send us more money every month or you'll never see your favorite shows again".

Old 03-18-2006, 06:06 AM
DonsFx4
Elder User
924x2150...reading your first rant above (post #63), I just KNEW you had Comcast!! What you said about them is so true...the basic cable package rots!!

I once tried going the Sat TV way, but when I realized they blacked out every single local sports game (because Comcast was broadcasting it!!!) I chucked the dish and went back to cable.

Speaking of favorite TV shows held hostage, I've heard you'll never see "The Little Rascals" (or "Our Gang") again, cuz Bill Cosby didn't like the way "certain things" were portayed and bought the rights to keep them from airing ever again. It was a different time then. But I as a kid I LOVED that show!!

Last edited by DonsFx4; 03-18-2006 at 06:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:11 PM
924x2150
Posting Guru
The little rascals example is just what I am talking about! I do not know If Bill really bought the Little rascals out, but I sure haven't seen that show lately.
Everything is disappearing for monetary reasons, i.e. some super-rich person wants to hold shows ransom, and collect all the profit from online, or rental store sales.

DonsFx4...you mean there are other options besides comcast? My sports teams aren't doing so well..Phillies..maybe, Flyers..maybe, Sixers stink, and Eagles I can see on non-comcast stations. Comcast will keep screwing me until I cancel them forever, the day is coming soon.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Kahuna
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crime Story,Dennis Farrina was great in that show.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 AM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
Originally Posted by Kahuna
Crime Story,Dennis Farrina was great in that show.
I loved that one too. Everytime I hear Del Shannon I think about that one. "Runaway" was the show's theme song for those that never saw it.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
magee
Elder User
How about "Stingray" at least I think that was the name of the show. I vaguely remember it from when I was a kid. It only lasted a season or two. It was kind of like "Spencer for Hire" with the whole P.I. thing. What I do remember is the 63 'Vette. I think Christina Applegate was in it as well.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:43 PM
dtherrien
Senior User
How can you people stand watching network tv???
Like 924x said....so many channels...and nothing on. I will only watch HBO or ENCORE.Anything else and they should be paying me to watch...after all thats why network tv has commercials...
So the only so that i miss now is Carnivale.