Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

2nd State Meet! Saturday April 22nd, Lunch at Pocahontas State Park!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,740 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Hey guys...sorry I have been gone for so long. That 10% was right....my grandfather passed away on Friday night, the 21st. The funueral was Wednesday, and I just got back tonight....

Anyways....I would have priced/ordered drinks earlier this week...but I was over 500 miles away. So tomorrow I will go to work and get things straight.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sorry to hear about your grandfather Thats nothing you need to appologize for, take all the time you need. . .And don't feel you need to rush back into anything for our sake.

Old 04-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Rexman
Senior User
yeah, man, tough break. take some time..

side note: if anyone has stock stamped steel wheels, i'm still looking for them. bring them to the meet!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:43 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Durnit I don't have any wheels! But I'll keep an eye out for some P n P wheels when I go next time

Just an FYI, ATC won't be able to make it this time due to work Ah well.

Along with the Brats, I will pick up drinks as well

Old 05-03-2006, 09:47 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Drinks

The wife and I will bring our own. Hardcore Diet Dew and Diet Dr.Pepper drinkers are we. Will bring xtra ice for cups. If you think of any last minute items, post Friday and I will pick them up Sat. morning on the way. Will check after I get home from bowling Friday night.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:49 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,740 Likes on 1,330 Posts
Yeah...this sucks. I went in to order drinks for my friends and parents (7 cases...not bad) and my boss was standing there. He was asking me if I was coming in early. Apparently we are swamped tonight...

Old 05-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I'm not going to say anything, but someone just take a wild stab at what the weather forcast is going to be for Saturday

Old 05-04-2006, 05:40 PM
85lebaront2
Old School Hot Rodder

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's going to rain, RIR is running.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
vanwho
Senior User
Weather Forecast

Rain possible Friday afternoon and evening as a front moves through. Saturday, partly cloudy, temps around 79 degrees. Next chance for rain is Sunday night as another front moves in. This synopsis courtesy of weather.com for the Chester area.
Keep your fingers crossed!

Old 05-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
I think we can do anyways if it does a rain a bit. We are in a covered shelter and its not supposed to be a thunderstorm. . .and I just checked, no one has reserved the afternoon part of the shelter, so we might just have it all day if we want

I need to find it. . .theres a study we read in High School that documented that there was a highest chance of foul weather on weekends

Old 05-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Rexman
Senior User
well, i should still be coming down. need anything? hot dogs? buns? let me know!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Dogs and buns would be great! Theres suppossed to be a grill there, so I will bring charcoal and fuel and what not to grill if there is anything to cook up (brats and other. . ?).

BTW, if they ask you what club your in we're called "Virginia Chapter ClubFTE". . .I think I got it written down somewhere. . .and don't ask why I called us that, it just came out when the lady asked

Old 05-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well my "lady friend" just reminded me that tonight my church is sponsering a comedy show till 8:30 tonight so afterwards I'm going to get some things for the picnic and also I should have enough time tonight and also in the morning to get some last min. items if anybody needs me to grab while I'm out.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
If Rexman is bringing dogs, I will swap Brats for Burgers and what-not then

So we got burgers and dogs. . .I think I'll grab a bag o chips as well as some drinks. . .I only saw one request for a certain kind of drink, so i will get that and maybe some coke and a thing of water. . .

. . .stuff we may still need. . .drinks if you want something off the wall, condiments, sides, more chips?. . .Van's got utensils. . .we're not going to be packed, so no need to feed an army Don't forget a few bucks for parking and maybe swap cell numbers if you have them. . .if I missed anything just holler

Old 05-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I belive I gave you my number steve but if you don't have it just let me know and I'll send it over pm to ya, and if anyone else would like it just let me know and I'll send it to ya as well. Ok, I'm going out and I'll probably get plates, paper towels, napkins, ketchup, mustard, etc... chips (I like martins bbq btw) and snacks and I'll try to look for things that we might would need that I haven't thought about yet.

Quick Reply: 2nd State Meet! Saturday April 22nd, Lunch at Pocahontas State Park!