Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Jody's

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:34 PM
shock41
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jody's

Ok just ordered new 4" exhaust, keep reading about jody's 6 position flip chip. who is Jody? where do I order from? Thinking I will remove superchip program and keep tuner for a code reader, and try this chip.....is it really that good? worth the money?

Old 03-09-2006, 01:51 PM
hink10
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by shock41
Ok just ordered new 4" exhaust, keep reading about jody's 6 position flip chip. who is Jody? where do I order from? Thinking I will remove superchip program and keep tuner for a code reader, and try this chip.....is it really that good? worth the money?
Jody Tipton of DP Tuner. He is one of the best 7.3 tuners around. Here is the web site http://www.dp-tuner.com/

I had a tuner and there is no comparison to the chip, it's amazing! Huge amount of power while keeping egt's in check. You won't regret the chip! Give him a call, he will answer any questions. Super nice guy!

Old 03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
pastormiketkd
Senior User
I'll second that. He'll customize the chip tune to your driving, what you tow, and what modifications you might have on your truck. Well worth the money and a lot of fun. I chunked a very anemic Banks chip and replaced it with Jody's 4-position. All the difference in the world!

Old 03-09-2006, 02:50 PM
arninetyes
Posting Guru
Jody's chip. I'll second that! Oh, wait. Someone lready did...

I, too, switched from a tuner - it ran good in the "60hp tow" mode. But the "80hp race" and "100hp extreme" modes had very VERY touchy throttle off idle, then didn't deliver all that much when pushed - except rapidly climbing EGT and lots (I mean LOTS) of black smoke.

Jody's chip gives nice linear throttle response - press a little, go a little, press a lot, go a LOT. Even on the 120hp mode, it is very controllable. Plus, the 40hp 'tow' position feels like it makes more mid-range torque than the two higher levels on the tuner did - of course, that may just be because of the non-linear throttle response with the tuner in those settings - press a little, go a lot, press a lot, go a little more. Oh, and the 120hp mode? Better be pointed in a safe direction.

Anyway, no comparison. Don't do what so many here have done and waste money on a tuner that costs just about as much and delivers so much less.

Oh, yeah - Jody can also custom tune your automatic tranny (if you have one). Best to have a BTS valve body (I have a Factory Tech - it, too, works quite well) or a Sonnax kit to improve your shifting. But your chip can be set up to lock the TC and KEEP it locked above a certain speed, and to adjust your shift points.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:56 PM
hink10
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by arninetyes
Best to have a BTS valve body (I have a Factory Tech - it, too, works quite well) or a Sonnax kit to improve your shifting. But your chip can be set up to lock the TC and KEEP it locked above a certain speed, and to adjust your shift points.
Definitely get a BTS or similar valve body. It will cost about $225, but much better than Sonnax. Again, I did both! He also gives you a different transmission program with upgraded valve body. My shifts and tc lockup are many times better than stock!