Sponsored by: Moser

Body lift tips/help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001, 04:03 PM
shuteme00
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body lift tips/help

Hi everyone. I was hoping you all may have some helpful hints, tips, or things to do or not do while installing a body lift on a 79 F150 4x4. Myself and a few friends will be installing it this weekend. Its just a 3" lift which all by itself will make my truck look massive. thanks in advance and I will try to post the pics when i'm done.

Nick
shuteme00(No Email Addresses In Posts!)
1979 F-150 4x4 351m/c-6/np205

Old 02-14-2001, 04:13 PM
rsjohnsn
Senior User
Body lift tips/help

Old 02-15-2001, 06:47 PM
jho
New User
Body lift tips/help

Nick, you will usually have to cut the fan shroud in half so the fan blades do not hit, check shifter linkage so it does not bind, you may have to loosen the sterring shaft at the splines to pick up the front end, last if you have a torch i would just cut the bed bolts out watch the gas tank. Good luck!

Old 02-16-2001, 12:51 AM
quadna711
Freshman User
Body lift tips/help

nick,
i installed a 3" on my '79 f-250 in an afternoon. jho is right about the bed bolts - i myself just used an electric grinder to take the heads off and then pushed them through to the ground below. instead of adjusting the fan shroud, i completely lowered the fan/shroud assembly. it didn't move too much that it would interfere with the routing of the hoses either. i needed to relocate one of the brackets that hold the curled brake lines to the frame below the master cylinder to prevent kinking. i didn't install the provided extension for the floor shifter either. i might have if i was still riding on the stock bench seats since reverse would come a little close to the seat but i had switched to buckets along the way. also, if you are using a manual tranny, you might have to adjust the clutch linkage somewhat too (if not, you might have probs getting it to gear when you first try to drive it again --NOT that it happened to me :-) finally, wait until you have all of the bolts and spacers installed on the bed and cab before tightening them - this will make it much easier to get the body lines straight the first time. good luck

chris quadna711@home.com
'79 f-250 4x4