1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Which chip will work with my current mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 10:37 PM
wayne g
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which chip will work with my current mods?

First off tonight is the first time I have ever been on this site, and what a help it has been . I have been looking around for 4 hours and am still glued to my screen. I think I have found some troubleshooting aids to help in the diagnosis of my performance problem. I read an older thread and the guys symptoms are almost identical to mine and I am going to clean my exhaust backpressure valve tommorrow and do the ccv and kwik filter mods. I still have a couple questions reguarding chips. Will the dp or the ts chip work with my bullydog downloader and the outlook monitor and if so which one is better? thanks

Old 02-27-2006, 12:30 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know much about the bullydog or the outlook monitor, but I asked Jody (DP Tuner) about stacking anything with his chip, and he reccomended not to. If either one of them is a programmer of any sort, designed to enhance performance, I wouldn't run them together. However, if they just monitor functions, you can keep them. Like me, I've got a 6-gun tuner and a DP chip, but I don't use any of the programming on the 6-gun. It's just there to monitor the boost that the MAP sensor sees and my post turbo EGTs.