6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Intake Exhaust Combo??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Vrybusy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intake Exhaust Combo??

Wondering what intake and exhaust combinations are being used out there? How do you like it/how does it perform? And where to get a "good deal" on these (for a 05 6.0)?

Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 AM
RyanF
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a Bully Dog 4" exhaust and a Bully Dog intake on my 04 F350 6.0. Sounds pretty good, not too loud. Pm me for more information on places to go for good deals.

Old 02-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
Vrybusy,

The AFE intakes are the ones we reccomend, they have a stock filter replacement, a open air system and a Stage I and Stage II intake system. You can select the system that's best for you use and enviroment. I STRONGLY suggest getting the Pro Guard 7 filter element though as it stops the dirt and flows the air. If you want to go for exhaust the MBRP and the AFE allow you to bolt the cat in place like it is stock. This keeps the dealers happy as if they see a cat the pretty much leave you alone etc. If you have any questions just call us, we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

Old 02-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Vrybusy
Senior User
Im reading alot about the MBRP exhausts. I guess stainless is preferred?? Do you have to keep the stock cat or does it come with one that might work better? From what I understand so far (and thats not much) a replacement cat is much better - better air flow? Any opinion on the MBRP vs. The Banks system?? The AFE sounds good. I dont know the difference between the Stage I and II systems though. Thanks for any input.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
termyt00
Elder User
anybody make a 5'' exhaust for any F350/ 250/ 150 below 1996?

Old 02-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Dogs of war
Junior User
Originally Posted by Vrybusy
Wondering what intake and exhaust combinations are being used out there? How do you like it/how does it perform? And where to get a "good deal" on these (for a 05 6.0)?
I run an Airaid intake w/ a prefilter and a Banks 4" turbo back exhaust. Performs VERY well w/ a Superchip. I got the Airaid locally at Desert Rat $259 I think and the Banks from performancediesel.com. $600 I think, locally installed for $150.

I might go with the MBRP dual exhaust on my next truck though.

Take your time and shop around, alot of places will guarantee the best price on line.

Old 02-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Vrybusy
Senior User
Thanks! Would you go with the full stainless or the aluminized?

Old 02-27-2006, 12:15 AM
termyt00
Elder User
stainless... it will last a lifetime

Old 02-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Mark at DPPI
Elder User
Vrybusy,

Depends on where you live and how long you intend to keep the truck etc. The MBRP system are available in aluminized, 409 and 304 stainless though so you can take your choice. Give us a call if you have any questions we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

Old 02-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Vrybusy
Senior User
Mark, thanks! I will get in touch with you in a couple of weeks. I'll probably do both the intake and stainless exhaust. The MBRP sounds like a great system. For the intake it sounds like the AFE Stage II is good also?? You mentioned earlier to go with the Pro Guard 7. Do you think that this is a better system than the Airaid?? I dont know much about either system. Thanks again for the help.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:22 AM
doubleb
Freshman User
exhaust

I hate to upset people about intakes but the stock filter flows the same when tested against the k&n Filter and AFE filters, only problem that it costs $100 dollars to replace them, On the exhaust comment I put on a MBRP exhaust 4" Xp series stainless steel and love it, just got a 5" rolled tip with MBRP Inscribed on the top, Have gotten a lot of response from people at work about how tough the truck sounds and will turn head when you leave a light. Also noticed more power when leaving a light and better response when flooring it. would highly recommend the Mbrp exhaust, also to let you know I am a Ford Employee and Know the right people in the diesel program. If you would like to hear a clip of how it sounds or pic let me know.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:28 AM
termyt00
Elder User
i have a 3'' comming out of my factory cat, splitting to a -Y and exiting just in front of the rear wheel and i get nuthin but complaints! so i think in the future i'm going to run a full length 4" and maybe a Y- tip.

Last edited by termyt00; 03-01-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:50 PM
RyanF
Senior User
Originally Posted by doubleb
I hate to upset people about intakes but the stock filter flows the same when tested against the k&n Filter and AFE filters, only problem that it costs $100 dollars to replace them, On the exhaust comment I put on a MBRP exhaust 4" Xp series stainless steel and love it, just got a 5" rolled tip with MBRP Inscribed on the top, Have gotten a lot of response from people at work about how tough the truck sounds and will turn head when you leave a light. Also noticed more power when leaving a light and better response when flooring it. would highly recommend the Mbrp exhaust, also to let you know I am a Ford Employee and Know the right people in the diesel program. If you would like to hear a clip of how it sounds or pic let me know.
is your system turbo back?

Old 03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Dogs of war
Junior User
Originally Posted by termyt00
i get nuthin but complaints!
From who? Does it really bother you? If others don't like it, TOO BAD!
As long as you're happy, thats ALL that matters.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:02 PM
doubleb
Freshman User
exhaust

Ryan, yes the system is turbo back, took about an hour to put on, I did the quick way and cut the down pipe, and they tell you to take out the bottom mounting bolt on the passenger side shock, but i will tell you to also drop the spare tire, it will make it easier to drop the whole system from cat back. Also it sounds awesome and you can notice a performance upgrade

Quick Reply: Intake Exhaust Combo??