General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Security Work

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:40 AM
lcampbell
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Security Work

This will probably be the shortest lived thread on FTE but here it goes

Ted Bilkey, the company's chief operating officer, said Dubai Ports World "will fully cooperate in putting into place whatever is necessary to protect the terminals."

"We're going to do anything possible to be sure that this deal goes through," Bilkey said

Even if they have to buy America.

Good Night and Good Luck, America.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I´m sorry, but as i don´t live in the US i don´t fully understand the meaning, the context in wich this news develop, so i don´t know what strings are attached to such statement by Mr. Ted Bilkey... would anyone explain this to me?.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:07 PM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lcampbell
This will probably be the shortest lived thread on FTE but here it goes

Ted Bilkey, the company's chief operating officer, said Dubai Ports World "will fully cooperate in putting into place whatever is necessary to protect the terminals."

"We're going to do anything possible to be sure that this deal goes through," Bilkey said

Even if they have to buy America.

Good Night and Good Luck, America.
I too miss the Pigpen days when we could discuss issues such as this like grownups, but those days, for valid reasons, are gone. We were given multiple chances to stay within stated rules, but there were too many who just didn't seem to care. Many are still here.
Dono

Old 02-23-2006, 01:09 PM
ranger56528
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not understand why people are saying there buying Ports,they are buying terminals in these ports.If a U.S.company had the money and got a big tax brake I'am sure they would buy these terminals.But that did not happen did it! Iam sure there is something in this sale that will bennift the U.S. that has'nt be brought up yet.