Sponsored by: DP Tuner

GLOW PLUG REPLACEMENT & PART #'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:21 AM
turbostroke
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLOW PLUG REPLACEMENT & PART #'s

I have seen many posts with glow plug replacement talk but haven't actually seen any pictures to help some of the members who may want to tackle this job themselves. In this thread my intention was to post a couple pics and part # for what is involved. Did my glow plug replacement this morning along with a glow plug relay replacement (which has been covered in previous threads). Below are they factory glow plugs that came out of my truck with 170,00 miles on them. The are very clean for this type of mileage. Also pictured is the harness that you will encounter upon removal of the valve covers. You will need two of these harnesses (one for each side). There are eight connections on each harness, 4 of which feed the glow plugs (smaller connectors) and the other 4 go the the injectors (bigger connectors). Although my harness was in good shape I decided to replace it anyway just from the heat exposure it suffers while under the valve cover. You do not have to replace your valve cover gaskets as they are a "re-usable" type gasket. Glow plugs can be readily purchased so I did not list a part # for them (DO NOT USE AUTOLIGHTS) but I did list a part # for the harness as I got this directly from Ford. Airbox to turbo hose and intercooler tubes on each side have to be removed. Unscrewing your oil filler neck from the valve cover will allow greater ease of movement for removal of the passenger side intercooler tube. Whole project consists of about 2 hours with common hand tools unless your glow plugs have 'mushroomed' causing removal time to be lengthened.

Old 02-18-2006, 11:23 AM
turbostroke
Senior User
Old 02-18-2006, 11:26 AM
turbostroke
Senior User
Harness part # you will need two of these if replacing them.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:26 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Good thread. I did not know the filler neck was threaded into the valve cover....thank you. That information will make tapping the neck for my secondary CCV much easier.

Old 02-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Medic 66
Posting Guru
Very nice idea. EXCELLENT