Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Transfer Case Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
TwoFiveOh
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfer Case Question

My 99 F-250 PSD has dropped its transfer case due to shearing off the bolt heads that attach it to the tranny. The skid plate under the transfer case kept it from dropping out on the road. Any one else with a similar problem? I dont off road...I just use it as a commute/weekend grocery hauler..my toy if you will. Local Ford dealer quoting 1160 to replace front of transfer case cover..One bolt broke inside the cover, and pilot hole (top) is rounded out...Any help appreciated.
1999 F-250 SD Supercab
7.3 PSD Auto trans
98,000 miles...

Old 02-10-2006, 06:28 PM
kb8pgc
Junior User
The only one I seen do that was beatin the crap out of his truck. sounds like might have been loosening it self up maybe from prior work on it. Get the rebuilt transfer case from transfercases.com for 730 shipped and complete. I do have my old one from my swapout 2 days ago for the cases if you want to drop me an e-mail through my profile on here and we can work out a deal on the entire unit. The 99's had some issues with the shift forks that were fixed in newer models and the rebuilt one will have the upgrades. Mine had a bad gear or something inside but the case is in great shape, might be an easy fix on inside but I haven't opened it up. Sounded like a streched chain or bad gear. It took me 2 hours with 2 friends to swap out mine.

Last edited by kb8pgc; 02-10-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:36 PM
eiznekcm
Senior User
I've got the front half of a case. I needed to take the guts out of mine and put in it, but it has splines for an auto tranny(I have a stick). I might be able to ship it to you. I don't know if you can send messages yet, so if you are interested post again and I will PM you.
Craig

Old 02-14-2006, 08:13 AM
TwoFiveOh
New User
Thanks for the info. Talked to transfercases.com. Pulled(read towed) my ride home and am awaiting the tcase. Who ever coined the term "stealerships" is right on!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:39 AM
kb8pgc
Junior User
MIne is working great from transfercase.com. I'm not sure the stealership knows the details on the TC like a shop that only does transfercases like them anyways. They fix all the ford defects on the rebuilt ones. I'm not sure what the warranty is from the dealership but I bet it's not unlimited mileage for a year, probably 12,000 like everything they sell.