Ohio meeting?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 AM
mr_malina
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by handyman43358
Dayton and Columbus either one wouldn't be bad for me. I'm right on the Union/Logan county lines, equal distance from Marysville and Bellefontaine, so either works for me!

By the way Mr_Malina, on behalf of everyone here, thank you for your service to this country!

Actually I haven't posted this in the Ohio chapter forum... probably not a bad idea...
I appreciate the support. Where I am at is not as bad. We have only been attacked 3 times in 3 weeks.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:11 AM
mikeyswood
Elder User
Gentlemen, I am in Cincy, and there are some great Hooters here....and the restaurants are nice also. TAKE MY WIFE PLEASE!!! I am up for a get together. Columbus is probably the best for all Buckeyes.

With enough planning, I can even bring the beer!!!

Let me know,
Mike

Old 02-14-2006, 11:58 PM
mr_malina
Senior User
Originally Posted by mikeyswood
Gentlemen, I am in Cincy, and there are some great Hooters here....and the restaurants are nice also. TAKE MY WIFE PLEASE!!! I am up for a get together. Columbus is probably the best for all Buckeyes.

With enough planning, I can even bring the beer!!!

Let me know,
Mike
Are you giving the old lady away or renting her out?

Old 02-16-2006, 04:31 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
I have to pay for the beer somehow

Old 02-16-2006, 11:08 PM
mr_malina
Senior User
Originally Posted by mikeyswood
I have to pay for the beer somehow
........lol

Old 02-17-2006, 01:07 AM
oilpan49
New User
I could be up for one. My hometown is Willard but I go to school in Lima. Columbus is only maybe a couple from Lima

Old 02-18-2006, 04:12 PM
bigblu250
Senior User
Sounds like either Dayton or C-bus is the logical choice to me. Anyone up for organizing this shindig?

Old 02-19-2006, 05:04 AM
mr_malina
Senior User
Originally Posted by bigblu250
Sounds like either Dayton or C-bus is the logical choice to me. Anyone up for organizing this shindig?
I could help out, I dont know what I need to do though.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:40 PM
bigblu250
Senior User
I could help out too, but have a wife, full time job, and little ones that keep me plenty busy. Plus I have no idea what needs done, someone let me know if I can be of assistance. CYA....

Old 02-20-2006, 11:37 AM
mikeyswood
Elder User
First,

We need a place; central Ohio would be good for most everyone.

Then we need a time; most likely two times; one for good weather and one as a back-up. If we pull this off, we could make a great day out of it!

Then we need people. I am curious to know if any dealerships would be willing to host (or at least sponsor) a homecoming for Ford trucks......

Then we need stuff.....we all have tailgates, but we need to know who can bring what (food, games, entertainment (I can bring some beer)).

A flyer would be nice once we know everything else so we could post them on Fords and boost attendance.

Another thing would be good to know is a central contact. I will volunteer for an organizational contact; however, I need someone that knows the Columbus area to be a local contact.

This is just what comes to mind right now. There will be more things as we learn the size and intent for this shin-dig.

Mike

Old 02-20-2006, 12:45 PM
mr_malina
Senior User
Sounds good, I was thinking maybe june or july timeframe

Old 02-20-2006, 01:47 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
How about blocking out June 24 and 25? As a back-up let's plan July 8 and 9. How does this work for everyone?

Mike

Old 02-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, it could interact with the Fun Ford Weekend at Norwalk? Lots of room to hang out,I'll be racin', plus lots of Fords to look at? It's in July.

I'm in Canton, so most anything towards Dayton would be way out for me. Like anything up here would be way out for yu'uns!

I've got some race schedules that I'm running in(drag racing) and might be a cool place to meet up and hang out? I have a large trailer that can be "HQ".

There is a "big" truck show Pataskala in on May 6th. It's the Am truck hist. assoc. that I'm involved in. I need to check the layout since it's a new location this year. In years past it was a dealership(which sold and we lost the use of), then the city park(which the politics made us move), so it's new this year.

If there is lots of open space we could make a mini meet out of it? It's just moments east of Columbus. We had a FTE meet a couple years ago when it was at dealership. Had a small showing of guys. The show is "truck" related so pickups are not shunned. Anything with wheels is invited, new, old or rusty.

If there is interest, I can contact my guys and see what's up.
If you go to ATHS.org, and go to "truck shows" you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Freightrain; 02-20-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:50 PM
mikeyswood
Elder User
Any news on a possible location?

Old 02-27-2006, 11:49 PM
C M Budke
Senior User
Hey Larry,
At the rate my Detroit man is working on the Kenworth , I may be in my Powerstroke for Pataskala. Or, maybe I'll bring my uncle's F-100. I heard this years new location will be better then the park last year. Hopefully, the weather will co-operate.

Quick Reply: Ohio meeting?