Sponsored by: DP Tuner

emissions test

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 12:29 PM
ewc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emissions test

I have an 01 psd. with a 6 spd trans. I recently did a 4" turbo back exhaust and eliminated the CAT. This will be the first time I have to take it thru, anyone from Arizona know if they will check this?

Also I am adding mag-hytec rear diff. cover. What's everyones preference on the lube? Thanks for a great forum! Lots of info.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:34 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ewc
I have an 01 psd. with a 6 spd trans. I recently did a 4" turbo back exhaust and eliminated the CAT. This will be the first time I have to take it thru, anyone from Arizona know if they will check this?

Also I am adding mag-hytec rear diff. cover. What's everyones preference on the lube? Thanks for a great forum! Lots of info.
Hi EWC, welcome to FTE!!
yes they will probably check to see if it is there. most just hollow the cat out and leave it appear stock. the catalytic converter is nothing more than a soot filter, with many small screens that reduce seen pollutions coming from the tailpipe. gets rid of the black smoke to keep the BunnyFers quiet. i would say go ahead and wish your self the best of luck and see what happens.

mag-hytec is a great brand of products. the recommended oil is 75w-140 synthetic. check Guzzle92's other thread to show how to replace the fluid on the front. check his other pages, he posted one about changing the rear out last weekend.

see ya around

Old 02-05-2006, 12:42 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
My truck doesnt even have a cc- stock. If they give you any trouble just tell them it was that way when you bought it. If they deny inspection, go to the next guy down the road. Not all of them will be ****.

Last edited by Kwikkordead; 02-05-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:49 PM
ewc
New User
thanks, the auto's didn't have them the "hi- output" man. did. I just wondered if they were that smart to know that. I plan on taking it down the first of the week and I let everyone know how it went. Thanks again.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:24 PM
ewc
New User
Ok went thru today and passed. Opacity standard is 40 mine was 4.5. They didn't even look under the truck. It made me nervous however when you have to go WOT until they tell you to stop!

Old 02-07-2006, 12:55 PM
empiretc
Lead Driver
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool EWC. Here in texas, not very many places check emissions. I know they do in the larger cities, but out in the sticks I have never seen it. I have run across the occasional A-hole that thinks he is the god of inspections, but he forgets there is one at almost every corner. The last time I got an inspection, they just checked the lights/signals and wipers and then put the sticker on. In and out in 5 mintues.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Originally Posted by ewc
Ok went thru today and passed. Opacity standard is 40 mine was 4.5. They didn't even look under the truck. It made me nervous however when you have to go WOT until they tell you to stop!
That's the way that they do it here in Washington as well. They call it the throttle snap test. All they are looking for is the black puff of smoke that the engine makes before the turbo spools up.
Put your engine back to stock setting before you go in for the test and you will never have any worries.