Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

this is looking bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:31 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Post this is looking bad

Most of the posting that I am seeing in this chapter is in regards to buying/selling, if this does not change and become an active chapter in regard a what the chapter are meant to be about, its existence "may be in trouble".
This is something that I don't want to see happen. This chapter is suppose to be about git @ gethers, neighbors, local issues , helping another.

So please lets change the way this chapter is currently being use, from now on use the new guidelines regarding buying and selling use that thread to post in .

Any comments on this are welcomed and this is open for discussion thanks

BTW if you have any questions please PM me.

Last edited by F2504x4; 02-02-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:16 PM
MEPR
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that a chapter page is a good place to sell stuff. That way you know the person is probly in driving distance and its easier to get traffic that will actually be able to pick the stuff up. I know im probly the guy your mostly talking about so ill stop it. But you cant say my ratinale dosnt make sense...
Never mind i this was the North west chapter. You can delete this...

Last edited by MEPR; 02-04-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a certain logic: I prefer to drive a few miles, hold it in my hand, and dig cash from my pocket. We have other resources as well; just part of living in a populated area. OK, it's not necessary to post merchandise here. At the same time I feel it should not be a problem to link a local ad or want to dispose of some stuff. I was looking for parts when I found this site, I got all you yahooos in the bargain. Part of this is a bad thing?

In all fairness to Ray, and FTE:
I have searched YEEP forums with small and large memberships. Finding local people to hook up with is chaotic: like standing in the middle of the Pepsi Center and screaming out the name of your home-town because you need a ride later. You don't need shear numbers of people, just a few with that one or two things in common.

KEEP COLORADO OPEN!

Old 02-25-2006, 05:57 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
There is a certain logic: I prefer to drive a few miles, hold it in my hand, and dig cash from my pocket. We have other resources as well; just part of living in a populated area. OK, it's not necessary to post merchandise here. At the same time I feel it should not be a problem to link a local ad or want to dispose of some stuff. I was looking for parts when I found this site, I got all you yahooos in the bargain. Part of this is a bad thing
Just to be clear on my position on selling/wanted threads, First if everyone would use the stickied thread above, then what someone would see when visiting is discussions relating to what a chapter is about.and if they need something they can search in one place. You can use links or what ever in the ads if you want too, nothin wrong with that.

FTE is allowing selling/wanted posts but they are to be kept in one thread.

I just don't want the site owner to come through a chapter and see it filled with ads and decides to shut it down or remove the privilege all together.

It was not that long ago that we were not allowed to have ads period.

Now the thread i wrote can be modified by having the chapter leader send a request to me with what changes you want, nothin is set in stone but some type of guidelines are needed to be in place to keep scammers and one post wonders out of here, This is a privilege of being active chapter member.

Last edited by F2504x4; 02-25-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:35 PM
LOWBOY1979
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I't might help if locals could join this local chapter. I tried to join and I never heard anything, I wrote who ever runs the Colorado to see if I messed up or if needed to do something else, or were I could find some rules about it. I heard nothing from nobody, so the hell with it. I dont need it. I don't want to seem like a dick, but I do not like to be ignored.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Hi you can chech in the usercp (upperleft in the blue bar)

and on the left side, click where it says chapter memberships, It should show if you are a member or not, the system does not notify you.

In checking I see that you are not a member, Hmmm

Try again and maybe the CL will check his acceptance notification .

And yes getting people you know to join will greatly help, also try posting threads that interest you and others as well, local issues , places to see what ever. A chapter is only as active as its members are.

Hopefully things will get better and you'll give it another shot.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:55 PM
IVANHESS
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES, LETS TALK about are TRUCKS. NO$$$$$$$$$$$,00000000000$$$$$$,0000