Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Nebraska Chapter Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:19 AM
grease monkey
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really want to go but I can't make it now. My clutch and transmission took a dump on me in my truck so I dont have any wheels. I happen to be lucky enough to have a manual transmission class on the 8th of March so ill tear her down then. I hope you guys have a great time and I hope to meet up with you guys when times get better.

Old 03-01-2006, 09:24 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
I've made it out to Kearney the last 2 years for cruise night. My wife has family out there and one of them has an old Chrysler 300. Two years ago I had my 70 highboy and crusied up and down for a while before parking and watching everyone else. I'll probably be out there again this year, we'll definitely have to try and meet up!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:28 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 150ford
I know the state fairgrounds real well. I havent missed a state fair in years.
Hey 150,
Is there just one main entrance point for the swap meet? Also, is there just one Ag building used, or are there several? I would like to have a specific point to meet.

Thanks,
Rob

Old 03-01-2006, 09:36 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 224 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe
I've made it out to Kearney the last 2 years for cruise night. My wife has family out there and one of them has an old Chrysler 300. Two years ago I had my 70 highboy and crusied up and down for a while before parking and watching everyone else. I'll probably be out there again this year, we'll definitely have to try and meet up!
That sounds cool! When is the cruise? I should throw the '39 on the trailer and buzz out for a night!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 AM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ahh grease monkey thats too bad. Man you got to quit drag racing that ranger off yours.JK man. Hope you get er up an running again. Hope its not to expensive. Will be thinking off you at our GTG whenever we all meet up. Rob I am thinking the north entrance to the fairgrounds. 17th st. off off Cornhusker. Thats where I always go in. Or theres the 27th street entrnace just off I-80. Thats pretty handy if your on the interstate. Ag hall is right next to the industrial arts building. The oldest building on the grounds an its an all brick structure. You cant miss it. An Im sure they will be plenty offf vehicles around. Hope this helps.

Old 03-01-2006, 02:57 PM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most of the swap meet is outside and it is pretty good size. Only some stuff is in the buildings. You will need to go plenty early to get a real close spot. I was there a couple of years ago and we left Council Bluffs at 6:00 and we were still a few rows out.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:48 PM
grease monkey
Elder User
Originally Posted by 150ford
Ahh grease monkey thats too bad. Man you got to quit drag racing that ranger off yours.JK man. Hope you get er up an running again. Hope its not to expensive. Will be thinking off you at our GTG whenever we all meet up. Rob I am thinking the north entrance to the fairgrounds. 17th st. off off Cornhusker. Thats where I always go in. Or theres the 27th street entrnace just off I-80. Thats pretty handy if your on the interstate. Ag hall is right next to the industrial arts building. The oldest building on the grounds an its an all brick structure. You cant miss it. An Im sure they will be plenty offf vehicles around. Hope this helps.
Thats pretty much how it got so bad. I had a few ricers here and there get a little confused and think I have a 2.3 in between the fenders.
So I had to unleash my whole 160 horse power from my 4.0 on them. You got to see the look on a ricers face when they get beat by a bone stock Ranger.
Im not worried about the cost I plan on fixing it myself and im liquidating my toys for the extra cash.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by grease monkey
Thats pretty much how it got so bad. I had a few ricers here and there get a little confused and think I have a 2.3 in between the fenders.
So I had to unleash my whole 160 horse power from my 4.0 on them. You got to see the look on a ricers face when they get beat by a bone stock Ranger.
Im not worried about the cost I plan on fixing it myself and im liquidating my toys for the extra cash.
That's showing them!! Hope you get her fixed up soon without sacrificing too many toys!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
There are at least 3 entrances open to the fairgrounds for the swap meet if I remember right and if nothing has changed. You can enter at the south entrance by the Devany Bldg, off of 27th street on the east side and from the west side of the fair grounds. I can't remember the streeton the west side. I haven't lived in NE for 23 years. The Ag Hall is on the south side of the fair grounds east of Devaney. It is heated and that might be a consideration if the meeting is in the morning and it is cold. Also, there are venders, food and toilets in that building. Unless you are real early you will have to park some distance away. Even though I live in KS, do note my user name though. Go big red.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by husker
There are at least 3 entrances open to the fairgrounds for the swap meet if I remember right and if nothing has changed. You can enter at the south entrance by the Devany Bldg, off of 27th street on the east side and from the west side of the fair grounds. I can't remember the streeton the west side. I haven't lived in NE for 23 years. The Ag Hall is on the south side of the fair grounds east of Devaney. It is heated and that might be a consideration if the meeting is in the morning and it is cold. Also, there are venders, food and toilets in that building. Unless you are real early you will have to park some distance away. Even though I live in KS, do note my user name though. Go big red.
Hey, Kansas Husker, Nebraska husker, what ever works! Welcome!

Old 03-02-2006, 11:48 AM
CBSuperduty
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Even though I live in KS, do note my user name though. Go big red.
Oh no... I think I am going to be sick..

Old 03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Sorry CB, we'll try to keep the husker chants down to a dull roar!!

Old 03-02-2006, 09:57 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Sorry about that. Both of my daughters went to Kansas State, so I do wear purple from time to time, but deep down.....

Old 03-03-2006, 07:41 PM
150ford
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Once a husker always a husker. Thats my motto. Maybe we can convert CB over to the red side. Will see.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:05 PM
MXcowboy244
Junior User
Sorry about that. Both of my daughters went to Kansas State, so I do wear purple from time to time, but deep down.....
Even though my address says Nebraska, I'm a KSU man myself... my father went there and a cousin of mine is currently there.

Quick Reply: Nebraska Chapter Get Together