1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Super Duty crew cab, IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:15 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Super Duty crew cab, IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

ok.... i just got my 2006 F350 Crew Cab long box, and im completely stumped here!!!

i dont know where to keep my firearms in it?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

seriously though... in my '03 extended cab F350, i could keep a pistol under the front seat... but the new '06 doesnt have as much room under the drivers seat, so it gets stuck under there, making it tough to pull out fast.

the rear seat, i could fit my AR15 or Shotty under there, but the '06 has that big ugly metal fold out tray underneath it and takes up all the space underneath.... can the metal tray be removed??

i like the firearms to be kinda well hidden in case someone decides to go through my truck... but at the same time, they need to be accessible in case of an emergency.

what are your suggestions?????????????????

Last edited by BuiltToughF250; 01-29-2006 at 11:16 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
Old 01-29-2006, 11:47 PM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
In a gun safe in your house.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:51 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EnviroCon
In a gun safe in your house.
which sparks another problem.... since the gun safe is full

i have a concealed carry permit, so sometimes you have to remove it from yourself to go into stores which restrict carrying it... so... must leave it in the vehicle, but WHERE in the vehicle??

Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Unfortunately you just bought a truck that has no stock secure place to store a firearm. In fact the only locks are on the doors and tailgate. And on top of that, it is one the easiest vehicles, next to a convertible, to break in to. And it comes from the factory with no security system. If you have a center console you could probably bolt a lock box big enough to store a large framed handgun in. Other than that, maybe a bed mounted toolbox or getting a lock for the glovebox. I know you can remove the fold out tray, but there's still not much room. I just fear some scum getting into your truck and getting a hold of those firearms.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:14 AM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And EnviroCon says he's a Texan. Sheesh.

To answer your questions, yes, the metal tray is removable. However, it is irresponsible to keep any weapons accessible without any sort of retention system. Personally, I'm looking at an overhead rack (between front and rear seats) for a Remington 870 or an AR-15. Behind the rear seats would be another option.

Another solution is to not do business with stores that prohibit carrying a concealed weapon on their premises. I do unless I absolutely have to have something that I can't get anywhere else.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:32 AM
EnviroCon
Postmaster
Don't worry I have the mandatory 3 gun minimum and CCP. I think I had to have a CCP before they'd issue me a driver's license.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:03 AM
xtreme1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have a ccp and do sometimes have to leave my hand gun in the truck. I bought a neat little item on ebay Just do a search for lockable gun safe. It Is a metal box with a keylock and a cable attached to it that you wrap around the metal rear seat legs and lock the cable. I dont know what you carry but My Sig 245 fits perfect in it. As far as the long guns they fit behind the back seats well but i have the captains chairs that fold forward and i never leave them unattended I only transport them when going hunting. Hope this Helps, Nick

Last edited by xtreme1; 01-30-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:04 AM
RickKimbrell
Junior User
My '06 350 CC has bucket seats and console. Not that it is very secure there, but I keep my 357 mag in the console. That is the same place I kept it in my '00. Some SOB broke into my '00 truck in December, stole my Blackberry and computer bag. The pistol was in the console under a black folder that fills up the console making it appear to be the bottom of the console. I guess the jerk(s) never lifted it up to check or else they did not look in the console at all. I consider the pistol to be like my AMEX card...don't leave home without it.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:21 AM
jakesmack
New User
Fobus makes a really nice system that can me mounted anywhere in your car. All you have to do is buy the little arm if you already have the standard Fobus paddle holster.

Old 01-30-2006, 10:47 AM
jakesmack
New User
I forgot to mention....The Fobus system makes you pistol very accessable. You never know when you'll get the chance to take at shot at one of those spotted owls.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:38 PM
justinthurn
Senior User
i have removed the steel tray in my brothers 05 king ranch to put 2 amps under there. there would be plenty of room for a couple shotguns or rifles. not very secure, but it would work fine for going hunting or whatever.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:02 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru
thanks for the tips everyone. i removed the metal fold-out tray this morning, what a worthless piece of crap that was. it really allows for alot more room under the back seat.

and........ thanks for the tip on the "rear bench seat folding down" cause my dealer didnt tell me anything about that- holy crap theres alot of room behind it! i fit all my tools, my climbing harness, 120' climbing rope, and my tree climber spikes behind there, and still looks like i have room to spare for a rifle or two for my hunting trips.

thanks again everyone

Old 01-30-2006, 07:21 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
i dont know where to keep my firearms in it
you could solve that by moving to IL.....

Old 01-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Big Cheese Stick
Senior User
You could keep an elephant gun behind the rear seat if... May have to remove the jack and keep that under the hood. As far as the pistol goes I'd say hide it in a holster behind the plastic panel under the steering wheel. I wouldnt be popping that panel on and off every day, but NOBODY is going to find the pistol there, and its REALLY quick / easy access in a bad situation.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:07 AM
LindenBruce
Laughing Gas
Received 224 Likes on 148 Posts
Builttoughf250,
Do a google search for Lektrolock or something similar. Galls also carries them and they are online also. Anyway, the lektrolock is a secure way of locking rifles/shotguns in vehicles. Every police cruiser in the USA has one. Once you have the lock, mount it to a metal frame work or you own design and bolt it in behind your rear seat against the back of the cab. There are several mounting locations behind the rear seat just below the top of the seat to secure the frame work. The lock can be operated by either a key or electrical switch. You do have the upfitter switches don't you . LindenBruce

Quick Reply: 2006 Super Duty crew cab, IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!