Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Installing Boost gague need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
goldman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing Boost gague need help

Can anyone tell me where I pick off the boost. I am helping a friend install the guage and pyro, we got the egt done and don't know if I am supposed to "T" into the red hose or where the 1/2" plug that comes w/ the kit goes. Please respond asap, I am in the middle of the job. Thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1/2" plug?? Got any pics? Almost sounds like an AIH delete plug with a boost guage tap in it. AIH delete is preferred place (personally) to tap into the intake. Here's mine:

Is there a regulator or relief valve in the MAP line? If not, you could always tap into that line. Don't try to tie into any red hose.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:53 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the rubber line with the brass device (boost relief valve) is where you would want to put the "T" if it came with one. i havent taken a pic of the boost T since i put it in, but you want the T to be before the regulator or relief valve, so it will read true boost pressure. note the silver plug in the top right corner. this is the place where JTharvey showed you one option. i chose the other route, beings i had the AIH delete beforehand.

i will try to get a pic of my actual connection later on tonight.
Name:  DSCF2569.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  59.5 KB

Old 01-25-2006, 07:02 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Here's where the MAP line is routed to. Mine goes into the regulator, then under an into the actual MAP sensor (what the regulator is mounted to), which is the plug with the little red clip on it. If you don't have a regulator or relief valve, the line will just run into the sensor behind that plug. That's the line strokin is telling you about.
Here's the pic:

Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Muktown
Posting Guru
the map sensor is the one i put my boost on. it is very easy. just cut the line and put in the t fitting

Old 01-26-2006, 07:42 AM
goldman
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the information I had to wait to this morning to take care of the final installation. Really appreciate the replies, and the pics. Will either buy a "T" or go into the plug as jtharvey suggested.