2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
abah
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio

I just got a 06 stx. I didnt get the optional satellite radio installed. I now want to have satellite radio but am unsure of what I need to do. Do I need to buy anymore physical parts for installation before the satellite radio can work when I activate it with sirius? Should I just take it to a ford dealership??? Many thanks, Bah

Old 01-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Russwendylan
New User
My Install

Here is how I installed a RoadyXL

1. First I put the antenna under the plastic windshield wiper cowling behind the hood. Great signal strength no problems.

2. Pulled the oval piece of plastic around the cigarette light and back up alarm switch out with a electrical tape covered flat tip screw driver.

3. Pull the cigarette lighter out the back of the plastic face piece and put your XM power cord into it. Then tape all exposed metal and tape the two peices together and stuff up in dash.

4. Pull the power cord out the hole and the antenna cord out the hole.

5. Install the ball mount for the radio. over most of the hole. Try not to cut your thumb off with the swiss army knife (note band aid)

Turns out real clean no exposed wires.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:51 PM
swhite005
Junior User
If you want Sirius, the best way to go about it if you wanna keep the stock stereo is to buy a PIE adapter (http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html). You'll also need to buy a tuner (i.e. Starmate Replay) and a plug that goes from stereo to RCA hookup (http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search). From there, you hook everything up and it will run through the stock head unit just as an external cd changer would do if you had one. You can hide all the plugs so it is a clean look, just do some searching on this website or let me know if you're interested in more info.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Mystic_Cobra
Elder User
I'm looking for installation options with the Starmate 4. I really like the idea of putting it in the ashtray (coin, key holder) but I would also like to use the dock and I'm guessing both won't fit in the ashtray. Any other ideas?