Sponsored by: DP Tuner

tomorrow's the day

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:36 PM
trakman
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tomorrow's the day

Yep, tomorrow morning, my girl gets to come home...after 5 long weeks of time in the shop! Not all of the time was spent working on her as the %^$* insurance co drug it's feet and did absolutely nothing for over 2 weeks. Yesterday evening, I was gassing the rental pick-up when guess who pulls up along side me on the other pump and starts putting gas in his Lincoln Navigator......yep, my wonderful insurance man. Keep in mind that this is the first time we have met or talked to each other since the accident. To cut this short, he gets an earful from me on how this whole situation has been handled. He called me this morning and apoligized for everything and tried to explain who dropped the ball on this claim. Everything is better now and then late this afternoon, I get a call from the repair shop telling me that it's ready. Will look at it in the morning and if everything is "ok", she's comming home...can't hardly wait

Old 01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Fire Rooster
Posting Guru
Hope you have a fresh bottle of wax. Remember to point the top in the other direction as not to spray her when opening.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:17 AM
kilapapipa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't imagine waiting that long for my truck to come back. Good luck with her.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:58 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Do a thorough walk-around and test drive before you sign off on the paperwork. Pray for good weather so you can do it outside in the direct sunlight.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:22 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by trakman
Yep, tomorrow morning, my girl gets to come home...after 5 long weeks of time in the shop! Not all of the time was spent working on her as the %^$* insurance co drug it's feet and did absolutely nothing for over 2 weeks. Yesterday evening, I was gassing the rental pick-up when guess who pulls up along side me on the other pump and starts putting gas in his Lincoln Navigator......yep, my wonderful insurance man. Keep in mind that this is the first time we have met or talked to each other since the accident. To cut this short, he gets an earful from me on how this whole situation has been handled. He called me this morning and apoligized for everything and tried to explain who dropped the ball on this claim. Everything is better now and then late this afternoon, I get a call from the repair shop telling me that it's ready. Will look at it in the morning and if everything is "ok", she's comming home...can't hardly wait
Well trakman........where all waiting, How did they do

Old 01-20-2006, 11:53 AM
trakman
Elder User
Thumbs up Excellent!

Well, I stop yesterday morning and took a look at my girl and took her for a drive. Everything seems to check out "ok"...sheet metal work is very, very good....in the sunlight, you can't begin to see any wrinkles. I ran my hands acrossed the backside of the repair and I would call it 99 1/2% smooth so I'm real happy with that. The repairs are garunteed for as long as I own the truck so I feel real comfortable with everything. Have put over 100 miles on her since I picked her up....kinda just goofing around and just "showing" her off!

It sure feels good to have her back...the power of a PSD versa the little 5.4 Trition in the F-150 rental truck really makes a guy feel good!

Old 01-20-2006, 03:12 PM
4X4 IN REFUGIO
Elder User
Now That's A Happy Ending. Hope You Don't Have To Go Thru That Again.

It Sucks Being Without Your Ride

Old 01-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Yes, a happy ending.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:56 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=trakman]Well, I stop yesterday morning and took a look at my girl and took her for a drive. Everything seems to check out "ok"...sheet metal work is very, very good....

Glade to hear they did a very, very, good job on your truck. When i have someone work on my truck and they do a nice job, I'll buy them either lunch, beer, pop, write a nice letter, or just give them some $$. Alot of the time people will take time just to complain, but won't take a minute to complement on a job well done. Now your insurance company ? I'll be looking for new one. IMO.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:48 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
Glad to hear you are all fixed up, and back to good man!!

Old 01-20-2006, 07:39 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
I'm happy for you man..! i'll bet it's nice to have a REAL motor under the hood again..! a guy asked me today why i bought an F350 with a diesel in it... i simply said why would you buy one without it... he said he didn't have one in his truck, i said well then your truck can only do half of the work mine can, but that's ok if you only want your truck to do half the work it is capable of... i don't think he likes me... i get that sometimes... i guess the truth does hurt..! lol..! take care of your mule and enjoy..!