Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil cooler ???

Old 01-18-2006, 04:57 PM
blueeyes2478
Elder User
blueeyes2478 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oil cooler ???

I posted this in the 7.3 1997 form but didnt get much of a response.

A buddy of mine has a 7.3 diesel 1997.His oil cooler(header) is leaking.I was wondering if this is a hard job to change out.We are not sure if it is the cooler itself or the o-rings that seal it at the ends.
If some one has a diagram for this header or any advise on how to do this would be great.But a diagram would help alot too.
Thanks for the help...

Old 01-19-2006, 04:10 AM
blueeyes2478
Elder User
blueeyes2478 is starting off with a positive reputation.
bump.........

Old 01-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
It's a basic job. Unbolt the cooler from the engine, remove the end caps and replace the o-rings. The hard part is gaining access. I've never done the job myself so I can't offer much on hand experience. But I think you can get it out of the truck without having to remove the engine. My Helminc manual says to tap and twist on the end caps to remove. The o-rings are what seals it up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.