Bronco II Ford Bronco II

Leaking windows

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:20 AM
whathappened
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking windows

I think I've got three window leaks (windshield and the two large side windows of my bII). On the driver's side I realized that there was a small gap between the plastic that holds the windshield in. There's also a channel on the driver's door that looks like it would feed water right into that area. The water seems to run down the windshield and leak from pretty much around the rearview mirror.

The local glass shops don't really want to reseal the windows for fear of breaking the glass. One even asked me if I had insurance so he could smash all the windows and have my insurance company pay for new windows lol. Anyways, I don't have glass coverage.

I also noticed a small "dent" in the rubber around the right rear side window which would be a probable entry point for water.

Is there any way I could just try caulking these areas without having to remove the windows? I don't really care about the appearance of the job, just need to stop the water from leaking in. If possible, can I just lift the rubber holding the windows on up a bit and caulk away with any probability of success?

Last edited by whathappened; 01-18-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:22 PM
bronocIInoob
Senior User
if it works for showers why not?? its not to expencive so if it didnt work no big loss try it in the supected areas try hiding it under the rubber around the leaking areas let it dry then hose the area up and see how it works

Old 01-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Desert Dog
Senior User
Thumbs up Leaks

Pull the flashing on the front winshield and seal it with urethane should stop that leak thats what I did.