1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

1st post here, bringing signal mirrors TTT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 05:06 PM
alwaysready
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st post here, bringing signal mirrors TTT

Hey thanks guys for all the info, just like all the good forums you guys have covered my problem a couple of times. we bought an eddie bauer on new years eve and noticed afterwards that the silver was coming off the mirrors. i talked to a buddy of mine who had already ordered me a rear bumper($188.00,CHEAP i thought) for a price on the mirrors he said that they cost abot 225.00 for the whole assemby EACH. i was kind of like, got to be a better way. so i checked ebay but all those are aftermarket junk or the muth which are priced sky high, i tried searching for just the glass and found out that muth was the supplier then. i then decided to see if this was common so i googled expedition forum and landed here i have found the following post and made the call sue answered and said what was said in the post and so i should have replacements here on tuesday or weds and she said even if i brake the mirror taking it out that the inspectors will still be able to tell if they were defective. so thanks to all you guys and Brian for the info and helping others out with the same problem before. by the way mine is a 99

and here was the post from
SPRUNG

I have a 99 EB, with the built in Signal Mirrors, that the silver has decided to melt or drip off the back. I know there has been a lot of talk on the boards a while back as to the replacement of these mirrors.. and that that program may have ended.

I finally got around to callign MUTH, and was pleasantly surprised that they would still replace teh mirrors on my 99 EB under
warranty! I did have to pay up front to have them ship out, but when they receive my old mirrors back they will refund my card. The cost was $219 (which is cheaper than Ebay even if I dont get refunded).

I spoke with Chris and Sue there, and theywere very helpful.

Muth Sales Team
800-844-6616
Muth Mirror Systems
PO Box 418
Sheboygan, WI 53082-0418

Just wanted to give a heads up for those with the signal mirrors.

Brian

Old 01-16-2006, 02:33 AM
NoMo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Muth sure has stepped up to the plate on the mirror issue over the years. Sure is nice to know that there are a few companies that still stand behind their products. Kudos to Muth!

Old 01-16-2006, 09:30 AM
ohioclint
Senior User
Yeah they have impressed me also. Dealer we purchased a 99 EB from wanted $500 to change the mirrors. So we just had them knock it off the final price.

Called muth a few weeks later and was pleasantly surprised.

Clint

Old 01-17-2006, 05:57 PM
alwaysready
New User
I must highly recommend MUTH mirrors to anyone who wanted signal or signal heated mirrors.

The mirrors showed up today Tuesday as Sue from muth said they would.
And i had them in and out in about an hour. They did make me a little nervous going back in since that center ball pivot point was really hard to pop in but i pushed on the back of the mirror with one hand and the center of the mirror glass with the other and a little warming up with my floodlight and POP they went in,
Thakns guys and big thanks to muth. Maybe ill get buy them for the explorer now