1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Please Help, Elec Prob ,noob.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 04:22 PM
salchachi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Please Help, Elec Prob ,noob.....

98 Navagator, 4 Wheel Drive, 5.4l,
Ok, The Other Day Veh Was Dead , Jumped And Charged Batt, After Bat All Charged Went Out The Next Day Batt Dead Again, About 6 Months Ago Replaced Batt, Also About 2 Months Ago I Woke Up At 2 In The Morning To The Sound Of My Truck Tying To Start Itself,car Just Kept On Cranking With No Key In Veh ,veh Does Not Have Or Ever Had Remote Start, For This Prob I Replaced Starter Sol,ign Switch And Starter,seens To Be Ok Now, Back To Batt Prob, After Recharge Veh Was Dead Again The Next Day , Found After You Get Out Of The Veh
No Int Lights Are On But The Door Chimes Go Off And Check Susp Flickers On And Off In Cluster And I Heard Clinking Under Dash , Also About 6 Months Ago When Driving, Check Susp,4+4,4low And Check Washer Fluid Light Was Flashing In Rs Lower Corner Of Cluster , Don't Known Why. Anyway Sorry For The Rant But I Need Help

Old 01-15-2006, 04:46 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.

Old 01-16-2006, 08:38 PM
puppypower
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would check the ground cable connection on the frame that goes to the battery. Make sure its nice and tight. Also would check the altenator for proper operation. I have had them "stick closed" before causing a drain on the battery while the car was not running. And last, I don't know if the gators have the GEM module problem but that might be another thing to look into.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:21 AM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 886 Likes on 735 Posts
If it was raining or had recently rained, or you had recently washed the truck, I'd suspect your windshield leaked and shorted out the GEM module.

Steve

PS Please Google "Rules of capitalzation" then follow them.