1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

few 06 questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Kerr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
few 06 questions

Hello all,

I have been having this little voice in the back of head bothering me about getting a new truck. I went on fords web page and built a 06 F350 dully diesel lariat. I usually get all options on my vehicles unless its like a $8k stereo or something like that. Anyway this is what i came up with.
options:
1)FX4 off road package
2)Heavy service suspension package
3)Skid plate package
4)Tow Boss Package
5)Tow command system
6)XLT sport package
7)Dual alternators
8)Electronic 4x4 **** of the fly
9)Power sliding rear window
10)Power sliding sun roof
11)Reverse vehicle aid sensors
12)Tow Command Brake system
13)15K lb Trailer hitch
14)Adjustable pedals
15)Power take off transmission
16)Up fitter switches

My question is this, And yes i could ask the dealer but then that would lead to them calling the house and all day event not to mention most of the sales people dont know anything about the product they sale anyway.

When i clicked the Tow Boss Package it said my Gear was changed to the 4.30. Now i dont have a problem with this if the trucks have a big over drive with the auto. I looked on the web page and can not find any information on the transmissions. So My question is do any of you have this and if so what kida of rpms do you turn and at what speed on the highway. Botttom line is i dont want to buy a diesel and then have a top speed of 65-70 mph because i chose the wrong gear.

My other question is what is the red line or maxmium rpm of the stock diesel.

Thanks for you time
Shawn

Old 01-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Casey
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The OD ratio on the trans is 0.71:1. Unless you are towing in excess of 12,000 pounds you don't need the Tow Boss. The difference between a Tow Boss and not Tow Boss is the rear axle. That's it.

The red line is about 3900 RPM.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:01 PM
firesoutmatt
Posting Guru
Post your question in Buying new ford lincoln mercury section. Jeff Clark should respond and will be able to tell you what your askin. Great guy and the best place to buy a new superduty.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
schmedly
Junior User
I don't know anything about the gearing that you are asking but, the heavy service suspension package is intended only for vehicles that will have a permanent utility body change. The trucks that are equipt with those permanent "work stations" carry a lot of extra weight day in and day out. If that is not its intended purpose, you will likely be disappointed in the ride.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Kerr
Junior User
Hey thanks for the information.

I didnt know there was a another section, Ill go search over there.

Schmedly, thank for the heads up. The truck will be a daily driver and it will not have any utility changes. Like i said im not sure what all ill get on it. Back in 2000 i ordered one and got some heavy duity package that made the truck set level. The front end was higher than most on the road. Ill see if i can find that old paper work some place becuase i no longer have the truck