Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Member participation

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Member participation

Any suggestions on getting more people to post on the chapter forum. Anything that would make anyone check the forum out more often?

I would like to challenge everyone to post more often in the chapter forum. Let's get to know each other a little better. Anyone have any good jokes or stories. How about some interesting facts or tidbits about our state.

I would appreciate everyones help in moving this chapter foward we have a great group of people here already let's build on that and make this the year of the Missouri chapter.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
General chatting about things around the state help. events, sights, anything. It's kinda tough to get a good conversation going on such an impersonal medium such as the net. Personally, I'm not terribly talkative until I can get going on a subject that I like or am familiar with.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start a calendar (or thread) of events that are happening state wide and even neighboring states (Arkansas-hint hint! , Kansas, Illinois, Iowa and whatever else is up there).

I mean like car/truck shows, street rod shows, mug bogs, off-road events, monster truck shows, cruises, anything auto related. I always find out about events a few weeks after they are over.

I cannot speak for everyone else, but I would be in there checking failry often.

The only problem is the old events need to be removed after they are done.

Thats the problem with the for sale/trade/wanted thread in here. We cannot delete our old posts or edit to say sold/traded/purchased.

Can the chaper leader (or somone in here) clean up threads?

Just tossing out ideas.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:00 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
The thing to do with the for sale thread is to just announce if it was sold or whatever so that anyone going through there will know. ALl posts are kept basically permanently at this time, although it is my opinion that threads like that could be deleted from time to time, but it currently is not policy to do so, that was why at first they didn't want threads selling or looking for things, but the compromise was made to allow it if we kept it in one main thread.
The calendar could be a good idea, or a single thread like the for sale that is devoted to that kind of thing, and can be let go from time to time and make a new thread. That is how we refresh the for sale thread, let it go down the page and start a new one. At this time, chapter leaders do not have the capability of deleting threads or anything of that nature, we have to ask to get threads sticky'd and such, a little bit of a hassle, but it's the way it is for now, and so far I have had no issues getting my requests done.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
460429_freak
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bikini girls

Old 01-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Posts ain't nuthin' - trust me. They come

Come faster if ya don't beat on it too...

WHAT Y'all doin'? WAZZUP?

What's goin' on down and around in here?

What are your front line interests, and what would be way cool to do?

Always wondered what Missouri folks did for kicks - you got that "SHOW ME" thang goin' on. I guess you like to race and truck pull a lot...

(I could be figurin' in thin air here)

~Wolf

Old 01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
now ya done it.... gonna stir up all the rednecks in us!! It would depend on the part of the state, get south, and you can rock crawl, come up[ to the north end, we play in the mud, a few pulls, and the occasional race... whatever trips your trigger! But yes, fishing for posts isn't quite the answer, but if you find it, let me know, still working at it myself... Don't feel too bad, there is more activity here than there was, and some other chapters have more of a battle with distance on top of lack of participation, think about it, we could be in Alaska!

Old 01-17-2006, 07:01 PM
slmann
Postmaster
And now I guess I'll just sit here and kick myself in the rear for renewing my FTE subscription for 3 years.

Old 01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Maybe I'm being impatient or expecting things to happen too soon. The thing I'm not going to do is sit back and just wait for people to suddenly become interested so if I'm fishing for posts so be it. Things are getting better in our chapter and they will continue to get better as everyone gets to know each other, but that isn't going to happen if we don't talk to each other.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 PM
g84t8f1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things will get better.Just takes time.
ART

Old 01-18-2006, 08:32 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Nothing wrong with posting with hopes of return, try different subjects to get people to talk, loosen up, and have some fun, and the posts will follow. I haven't got the majic formula, but the activity comes up when the posts are more fun, and we get to know each other better. Don't take anything about being leader personal, or you'll burn out on it, gotta kinda just go with it, and not get wound up. I know, it can be tough when you care, but it's just the nature of the game, and it takes some time to get it all going. Try to find something that we can have fun with, rather than the what's going on posts, because then you just get the responses we have had, most of us can appear to have a boring life.. Humoruos or the like posts can get much more response since we aren't talking about ourselves...