Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Brakes (got a love them engineers)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:58 PM
pchemster
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Brakes (got a love them engineers)

Hey all,

I recently had to redo both front brake rotors and pads on my '91 F150 4x4. wow that was some fun. the driver side went relatively smooth but the passenger side hub was rusted to the rotor and and bent when i tried to seperate them. This is where my problems started. I went on line to Rockauto.com and in about 5 minutes i have two replacement parts listed, but without a picture. I was reluctant to purchase without knowing for sure if i was getting the correct part because of the confusion between the manual or automatic locking hub and the wheel hub. Long story short, i spent the next 5 hours on the web and the phone talking with parts suppliers and ford dealers which made me less and less sure that Rockauto had what i needed. Everyone said that this part was only available at the dealer and they told me the price was $350 and they weren't sure it was the right part for my truck. I decied to bite the bullet and buy the part from Rockauto for $48 and guess what it was right on the money. so if you need anything for your rig check with them first. If you have any questions on how to do the brake change or you have any comments, reply.